Hepatitis A Community
Unproductive oral / protective vaginal sex with prostitute - worried!

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I have posted this in the HIV and STD forums and have received some very helpful responses. I am still freaking out, but perhaps marginally less than before.  Now i am hoping to get a response re: hepatitis...

I am freaking out about an encounter I had with a prostitute in Singapore last night. I was very drunk and met her at a bar and took her back to my hotel room.
I had unprotected oral sex for about a minute. I did not ejaculate. We then had protected vaginal sex. The condom did not break and stayed on.
I am married and love my wife very much. We have been together 10 years and I have never strayed before. I can't believe how stupid I have been!
I am worried about HIV and hepatitis, but also any other less serious STDs.
.
I have no idea if the girl was clean or not.
On my penis there is a very small patch of slightly raw skin (from very slight abrasion). Not sure if it happened last night, or whether it happened earlier in the week and was healed at the time of sex last night.  It doesn't look raw enough to suggest it was open at all last night, but of course I can't be sure.
What testing is recommended?how long do I have to wait?

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello!
Oral sex carry the risk of transmission of STDs like herpes,gonorrhea,syphilis, and diseases like hepatitis B and C.Transmission of HIV from an HIV positive active partner to an HIV negative receptive partner is generally believed to be less common. HIV is normally only present in saliva in very low levels which are not sufficient to cause infection. Only bleeding wounds or gums in the HIV positive person’s mouth or on their lips may transfer blood onto the mucous membranes of the other person’s genitals or anus, or into any cuts or sores they may have in rare cases. Your penovaginal sex was safe it seems since you were protected due to the condom. Since you are worried and anxious you may take up HIV test.HIV test will not detect the presence of the HIV virus immediately after exposure. Any infected individual will be positive from 6weeks-6 months. You may take up the test at 6 weeks to ease your anxiety and repeat it again at 6 months. If after this six month window period you have been reported HIV negative by an accurate HIV test you can consider yourself HIV negative. There is no need to retest. For hepatitis B and C you may take up the necessary tests. Since you have no symptoms suggestive of STD you may seek medical help and take a doctor’s opinion on what tests are needed. I hope it helps.
Take care and good luck!