What is hepatitis A ?
AD

It would be a real help if same one could let me know what it is and what does this meen if you have it? Is it a life changing problem? OR will it just go away in good time? And How can you get it? or can you give it to your Family and freinds?
Hepatitis A is an acute infection of the liver. Hepatitis A is transmitted through ingestion of food or drinks contaminated with stool from an infected person, very rarely through blood transfusions and anal or oral sex. A person infected with the virus takes between 2 and 6 weeks to produce symptoms. Hepatitis A causes fever, yellowish discoloration of skin and eyes, loss of appetite, joint pains, abdominal pain; weakness etc .There is no specific treatment for it. Bed rest and proper nutrition are essential. It is usually cured within 4-6 weeks with no permanent liver damage. A person who has hepatitis A infection becomes immune to HAV for the rest of his life once he recovers. The contagious period of this illness begins about two weeks before the symptoms appear and lasts for about one week after symptoms appear. I hope it helps.
Regards!