Hepatitis A Community
When is a good time to get tested and.....

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Can you get hep c from sex?

If someone contracted hepatitis c, can the symptoms start to appear soon after exposure?

I got test for hep a b and c at 5 weeks.  I've had all of the symptoms that are on the net.  I just want to know when is it a good time to get tested?
Hep C is NOT considered a STD, as Hep B and Hiv are.  Hep C is tranmitted by blood to blood contact which means the most efficient way to transmit is through blood transfusion and drug use.

A five week neg for hep a,b and c is encouraging but not definite.

Was your sex protected or unprotected?  If possible, could you ask your partner to be tested?  That would be a big help to you.

The Cdc says 50 days is the average for someone to test pos.  Antibody tests are always more accurate as the number of days increases.

If you can, answer back and i will try to help you.  I have a feeling you are neg but i can tell you are worried.  Try to relax.  How many days since this happened as of now?