Hepatitis A Community
abnormal blood tests

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

abnormal blood tests

2 weeks ago I started feeling some chest pain in the heart area and was taken to emergency room. Cardiologist examined my ECG and said that he believes there's nothing wrong with the heart.
I've been feeling some pressure in heart area and stomach pains for around 2 weeks. My pulse at the time was high 130, now it normalized to around 90. The  blood tests were normal except SGOT 48 (5-40 normal) and SGPT 178 U/L (5-40). SGPT went down to around 100.

So the doctor suggested I might have a virus infection (e.g. mild hepatitis which may be affecting my pulse rate) and said to just get rest.

What else might be causing this like a stomach infection? Do you have any advice?

Thanks a lot.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi!
The normal values of SGPT re 20-40 units/L.There are various causes of high SGPOT.The causes are acute hepatitis, Infectious mononucleosis, acute viral fever, alcohol ingestion, pancreatic disorder, injury to the muscles, as in accidents, Myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure etc.Tachycardia can suggest  a cardiac cause. You should take up an electrocardiogram that may help in providing some information  on the functioning of heart. What are the other symptoms you have been having? Do you have yellowish discoloration of eyes and skin, loss of appetite, nausea etc?If yes then you need to rule out whether it is due to hepatitis A,B,C D or E.Do discuss these possibilities with your local health care provider. That might help.
Good luck and regards!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi!
The normal values of SGPT are 20-40 units/L.There are various causes of high SGPT.The causes are acute hepatitis, infectious mononucleosis, acute viral fever, alcohol ingestion, pancreatic disorder, injury to the muscles, as in accidents, myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure etc.Tachycardia can suggest  a cardiac cause. You should take up an electrocardiogram that may help in providing some information on the functioning of heart. What are the other symptoms you have been having? Do you have yellowish discoloration of eyes and skin, loss of appetite, nausea etc?If yes then you need to rule out whether it is due to hepatitis A,B,C D or E.Do discuss these possibilities with your local health care provider. That might help.
Good luck and regards!