Hepatitis A Community
can i catch it
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can i catch it

I recently discovered that my best friends Mom was diagnosed with Hepatitis A and C. I treat her like shes my mom so Im over there alot.  Can I catch either of those just by being around her? I know Hepatitis C is transmitted by blood to blood contact.
But what about A?  Mom has never had a blood transfusion and shes never had an IV is there another way she could have gotten it?
Hello!
Hepatitis A is transmitted through ingestion of food or drinks contaminated with stool from an infected person, very rarely through blood transfusions and anal or oral sex.Any source of blood or blood products are capable of carrying hepatitis C virus .So any indirect source like razor, manicures, shared toothbrushes can transmit hepatitis C virus. A detailed history can be useful in detecting the route of transmission in your aunt. I will advise you to discuss it with a local health care provider whether you will need testing. Do keep us posted.
Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis A Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank