Hepatitis A Community
hepatis A

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hepatis A

can you donate blood? I've had all 3 shots
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
After you recover from Hepatitis A, a person develops antibodies which protect from the virus lifelong. The Hepatitis A vaccine when given in a combination form, containing both Hepatitis A and B vaccine, it is given as 3 shots, over a period of 6 months. A person who had Hepatitis A when he were 11 years of age or older cannot donate blood. If one has hepatitis A before age 11, you may not be able to donate blood. If you have not suffered from hepatitis A you can donate blood. Do check it also with your blood donation centre. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and take care!
Hi. Ive had hepatitis a and I give blood. You get screened and have to give it a year after recovery. Once youve had hepatitis a you are immune for life and dont need any vaccinations