hepatitis A vaccine// My 2 1/2 year old just recived the shot?
My 2 1/2 year old little girl just got her hepatitis A vaccine shot on 9/12/2005, Since her vaccine she has not eaten a thing or even put food in her mouth. Our Pedeatriton has taken blood 2 days ago to figure out what is going on. We have been giving her Gatorade and water along with juice to keep her from dehydrating? My question is can she get Hepatitis A and or the Symptoms from the shot? She says "I am not hungry" and drinks allot more then normal? Her uren is not yellow or brown it white like water, Her stool is dark black. We are to see a Gastroneterogest tomorrow at Texas Children's Hospital for further test?

Can all this be cause by getting the Hepatitis shot?
it has to be nerve racking to be going through all this, especially since you are trying to do what is best for your child and the thought that those actions might do the opposite, make you angry at the medical profession. There are no physicians at this forum, but the gastroenterology section does have one. Not sure how long before questions get answered, though. Sinve we are all patients at this board, we can not give any medical advice, only opinions and suggestions. Good luck to you.
The hepatitis A vaccine is not live so it is highly unlikely your little girl got hepatitis from it. The side effects you describe happen sometimes but usually don't last more than a few days. Maybe it's the age of your daughter.

You seem to be taking the best course of action by taking her to the Children's Hospital tomorrow for a professional evaluation. Giving the fluids she craves seems like a good idea. Did you get any of the blood tests back. I assume she will be given a full health panel, including CBC, liver enzymes and maybe a thyroid panel. If not, ask for them. Sometimes these hospitals are stingy with the tests.

All the best and let us know what the doctors say. I don't think it's serious as little kids sometimes hang onto these things longer than us oldsters.

-- Jim