Hepatitis A Community
high sgot ans sgpt

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

high sgot ans sgpt

my daughters blood test revealed sgot - 80 and sgpt - 160. she is 8 yr old. what does this mean and what further course of action should i take.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It would have been really helpful if you had shared details about her symptoms. The most common cause of mild to moderate elevations is liver damage which may be seen in infections like typhoid fever and acute viral hepatitis A or B.Hepatitis A is the commonest viral infection causing hepatitis in children. Your daughter may need additional tests like HepBsag and IgM anti-HAV antibodies to know the cause of infection and to know whether it is due to hepatitis A or B infection. A clinical evaluation is necessary for correct diagnosis and management. Do write to me again with more information. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!