Hepatitis A Community
how long for test results

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

how long for test results

my doctor gave me negative test results for hep a and b the same day he drew blood (while i was still in the office). does this sound right? can they get results that quickly? or should i not trust these results
Avatar dr f tn
Hepatitis A   IgM is the first antibody produced by the body in a person suffering from hepatitis A. The hepatitis A IgM test is used to screen for early detection of infection. It is elevated in acute infection.HB sAg test is used to diagnose hepatitis B.These tests are done on blood samples. The results can be available on the same day within few hours of drawing the blood. What are the symptoms you have been having? If you have been having symptoms suggestive of hepatitis then you need to discuss these test results with your doctor. Hope it helps.
Take care and regards!