liver disease
my sister was diagnosed with herpatitis a and was in hospital in England for several days having blood tests because the doctors said that they do not know  how she got it.  in the meantime , all her medicines were stopped.  they included her cholestorol medicene.  as a result, her cholestorol reading is now 500.  does that mean that her liver is damaged?  also how can she reduce it?  your views would be very much appreciated.  sincerely dora.
Hi there!
Production of bile to digest fats and process cholesterol is one of the main functions of liver. Any condition or illness which impairs liver function can lead to increase in cholesterol levels. Once you have completely recovered from hepatitis A your cholesterol levels will come down too. A high fat diet, cigarette smoking, lack of exercise, and a genetic susceptibility to this condition may further lead to high blood cholesterol levels. Adopt a healthy lifestyle.Exercising regularly, maintaining a healthy weight and eating a diet that doesn't contain saturated or Trans fats can all help to lower your cholesterol levels. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and good luck!