Hepatitis A Community
please help !!!

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

please help !!!

m 20 years old..im suffering from jaundice since past 4 months..my sgpt was 1700 whch came down to 100 in two weeks n bilirubin came down to 1.4 ...then i started with my normal routine thinking that m fine...it relapsed n went up..i was admitted in the hospital for glucose etc. as i had my exam coming up n i wanted to give them ...the bilirubin went to 5.6 n sgpt went to 1200 ..in the reports i had hepititas A as welll... now after two weeks my bilirubin is 2.1 n sgpt is 666...can u suggest what is best to get sgpt n bilirubin back to normal quicker...and how long will it take to get normal ??? am really worried as my life is hell since last 4 months...plz help
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi!
Hepatitis A is a self limiting viral illness. It is an acute infection and is usually cured within 4-6 weeks with no permanent liver damage. Bed rest and maintenance of hydration is important. A strict no fat diet is recommended in such people. Did you check for other hepatitis infections like B & C? They could cause elevated bilirubin levels .Get an ultrasound abdomen done to rule out any obstructive cause leading to recurrent and persistent jaundice. Do write to us again with more queries.
Best wishes!