Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
Autoimmune Hepatitis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Autoimmune Hepatitis?

Hi, I have recently been posting in a thyroid forum as I have many symptoms and it runs heavily 'hypothyroid' in our family.
However, this has been ongoing for some time, and last summer 2012, I started with a new symptom, nausea, it came gradually then started to be present most days, and progressed to retching sometimes when I ate, also my problems with fatigue worsened, the nausea has started to ease off now after 5months, but did inspire me to visit the doctors again several times toward the end of last year. My bloods were tested again and the doc also tested for auto antibodies and found low levels of smooth muscle antibodies, and white cells at 3.2. She said that ive probably had a nasty virus and to go back in six weeks to be re tested. Obviously I wanted to understand this so I began to look up smooth muscle antibodies etc, and found these were affected by illnesses such as epstein bar, glandular fever (which I sufered with at 13) Im almost 40 now, and viral hepatitis. The nausea and fatigue symptoms have now frightened me because they link in with hepatitis. Should I be asking to be tested for this, or just wait the last four weeks until my follow blood test . Very Worried :-(
I just read your post. I don't know much about the liver but I am hypothyroid and doing a lot of research. There is a possible link between thyroid autoimmune and liver issues.

Yes, if possible, please get blood tests for liver or ask your Dr to look at previous blood tests to see if there are changes. If he or she doesn't know how to proceed, maybe a visit to a specialist would help.
my AST ALT is 80/250 and I have NAFLD so I wonder if I have another disease causing my dizziness, exhaustion, itchiness, red areas of bleeding under my skin
viruses can be treated