Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
Autoimmune hepatitis and trying to conceive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Would appreciate if anyone can share her treatment for AIH while trying to conceive and managing a pregnancy. I ovulate on time  monthly but my menstrual bleeding is very light. (Less than half a day.) AIH is making me unable to carry a pregnancy as the blood doesnt go to the uterus. We are trying to have a baby and wonder if its possible.
I have had AIH since I was 20 and my 36th birthday is right around the corner...I have 9 year old twins, a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old. It is VERY possible so DON'T GIVE UP! I admit I did not stay on treatment during my first pregnancy and it was a mistake. We have a chronic disease that needs treatment and the benefit to us far outweighs any damage it can do. My babies are all healthy. My last 2 pregnancies were hard but I have a complicated health history.  Hang in there-It's definatley worth it..Good luck!