Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
BURNING LIVER

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

BURNING LIVER

Please could anyone help me, ive had a burning liver, since december23rd, i feel very tired, the burning pain is horrendous, and ive lost my appetite, but im very itchy like im allergis to something.
I have had graves disease for 12 years, and was wondering what i would need to get tested for if this is my liver.
If anyone could help me or shed some light for me i would appreciate it greatly,as im suffering with this now.
Thank you to all, as im new to your forum.
You should see your doctor ASAP! You need a blood test to see what your liver levels are and what you have. Sounds like your Liver.
But only a doctor can tell you what's going on.

I was diagnosed with AIH in Aug 2009 (in my late 30's). One day just got totally tired, deep pressure under my right rib (made me loose my appetite) and just felt awful! I called my doctor thinking I may be getting the flu.. wrong! I had Autoimmune Hepatitis... and had severe Jaundice. Blood tests are continually done now to monitor my liver levels and I'm on Prednisone. Doctor needs to regulate my Prednisone doses continually (Need to follow doctors orders strictly regarding dosage going on and off the medicine)

Your liver can get damaged if not treated. Feel better and Go see a Doctor or ER! You really need one. (hope you did already).
Thank you so much for writing me to explain, ive felt terrible,ive been tired , gone off my food , and had loose stools, I had my bloods done just waiting for results, but i also had a urine test done which showed elevated levels off protein and bilirubin, which i do believe it has something to do with the liver.
I will keep you, posted, and once again thank you so much for answering my question, i really appreciate it.
Thank you.
Nicola