Elevated ALT/SGPT
The doctor said the normal ALT/SGPT range is 30-57. I had an ALT measuring of of 90 in January.  In May it was down to 66 after I lost weight.  I began weight lifting.  I have abstained from alcohol and acetametaphine this whole time. All my other bloodwork is OK.  I do take multivitamen supplements and recently had been taking advil for some backpain.  Should I be overly concerned. Can I  drink alcohol?
Hello, alcohol can raise  your enzymes as can medications.  If you are concerned about having Hep C you should get tested as enzymes are no a good indication of any liver damage.
Good luck
Dee
They have told me NO advil or anti inflammatory drugs at all!  No alcohol at all.  If that doesn't do it check to see how many carbs and sugar you are drinking and eating.  It doesn't have to be alcohol to hurt your liver; just too much sugar in general can hurt your liver as if it's alcohol.