Fatty infiltration if the liver.
Hi, Today I was diagnosed with Fatty liver. I am 33 years old. Blood results were all perfect.  Only Direct Bilirubin was a bit higher 0.20 - the limit was 0.18.  Sonogram of abdomen showed fatty infiltration of the liver. Dr said it is not good for my age to have this. I exercise, I am fit. I do not drink a lot. No smoking. slightly higher Blood pressure. I do not watch what I eat. Dr told me to watch my diet (make it low in fats), and to not drink alot. How serious is this situation? Any suggestions? Heard there is no treatment but Fatty liver can be reversed, meaning when finding out what is causing it and reducing the intake of bad things Liver can go back to normal.

Thank you

Larry
Pretty much when your over weight it will show itself here in your LIVER, nothing more to do than cut back. I also have a fatty LIVER and they just advised me to lose weight... hopethis helped
Stop drinking entirely...it is posion to the liver and the liver is a miracle organ but needs your help to survive. No smoking. Definitely a low-fat or no-fat diet. The liver can heal but a fatty liver is nothing to shrug off.  It can lead to more serious issues.  Take care of yourself.
lydel