Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
Hepatitus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hepatitus

My female partner got hep C over 15 years ago. I have no knowledge of this infection, how i can get infected through intercourse.  We recently had an accident: we were having intercourse and neither one of us knew she started her monthly period.  Not sure if I consumed any blood.  If I did, what is the percentage that I get this infection?

Also kissing- can you get it from saliva, cuts in the mouth or bloody cuts?
I dont know what questions to ask her in order to get better info. on how severe this disease is and how it is going to affect her health now and long and mine.  What preventitive measure do we take and what questions do I ask to get better educated on this infection in order to better help us and understand what process or steps we will go through or over come through process she is going through.  HELP!!!!  I really love my mate and want to better understand this disease.