Just diagnosed with AIH
This past Tuesday I went to see my Rheumatologist and brought him the results of some blood work that was ran at the beginning of the month. Well after treating me for the last 3 years for Rheumatoid Arthritis, he has now dx'd me with Autoimmune Hepatitis. There was a smooth muscle antibody test that was ran that came back positive, and my liver functions have steadily been going up then all of a sudden they doubled. Now they are 3x's what they should be. There were other results that came back in the CBC elevated.

My rheumatologist took me of methotrexate and has now put me on Embrel since I have also all of a sudden developed this rash on my face. It popped up in December. It's red, bumpy, and flaky. It's on my cheek bones, nose and forehead. Other symptoms that I have are: fatigue, very light colored stool, itching, difficulty in swallowing, changes in my voice, nausea, diarrhea, joint pain in the major joints.

After doing research on AIH it's quite scary. I'm only 33 and have a 13 year old daughter. I just recently re-entered college to get my RN and now I am worried that I won't be able to continue in school. I worry about being around all the nasty kids there that have no sense of hygiene or cleanliness. Ever since August of 2009 when I entered school, i have had a constant slight stuffy nose, a little cough. I have also noticed dark purple circles under my eyes that doesnt seem to go away no matter how much sleep I get!

Any help and information about what I am facing would be greatly appreciated!
The final diagnosis for AIH isn't simple. The doctor should follow a score system protocol because symptoms for AIH are also symptoms for many other diseases (Lupus for ex.).
Check below the info below and ask your doctor if are the tests where done... Have you had a Liver Biopsy? If so, what was the result? You should not accept a AIH diagnosis without a Liver Biopsy... anyway... check below  the link below, it is VERY HELPFUL!! and ask your doctor:

http://www.arupconsult.com/Topics/AIH.html#
Best Wishes!

I have a liver biopsy scheduled for the 15th of Feb. I have been extensively tested for Lupus and they found nothing. Al the routine blood work has come back as indications of AIH, so has the liver ultrasound.