Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
Milk with toxic hepatitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Milk with toxic hepatitis

It is advised to drink milk for improving liver function with toxic hepatitis (caused by zinc sulphate poisoning).

Please kindly answer the following questions (2):

1. Does it make sense to do so after more than four months from the moment of poisoning?
Some jaundice (of skin and tongue) is still present, the nail beds are milky to some extent (especially if you look at them from a distance of stretched hand). If you massage the liver area, you begin to belch.
There are some other symptoms of zinc excess, for example, feeling a glove on a bare hand.

2. Does fat percentage in milk matter here?

Thank you!
I would be very interested in your results with this on drinking milk.  I always thought it was actually the herb Milk Thistle that helped with this as it cleanses the liver.  Hope you are feeling better, send us update when you can.