Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
Need Suggestions on AIH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Need Suggestions on AIH

I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis in November 2009 after a liver biopsy.  I was put on 60mg prednisone and 50 mg of Imuran.  Eventually my liver enzymes went down to normal and I remained at 50mg of Imuran and down to 5 mg of Prednisone.  Then last September my liver enzymes went to ALT 284, then 650, then over 1,100. My AST was in 700's.  It stayed there for a while, so the Dr. put me back on 60 mg prednisone.  I stayed there and my liver levels have only gone down to the 300's ALT 200's AST.  I am now on Endocort, 12 mg/day, 150 mg/day of Imuran and NO changes in my liver enzymes.  I am sick all the time, tired all the time, fatigued, and nothing seems to be working.  Any suggestions??  I went to a specialist who changed my meds to Endocort, but he doesn't have any further treatments in our plan.  Any suggestions would be appreciated....
What treatment plan did you end up going with?  How did the Endocort work for you?