Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
Need a new Doctor
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need a new Doctor

I have autoimmune hepatitis. I need a new doctor, any suggestions in San Antonio area or Austin, I live in New Braunfels.
Thanks
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
317787_tn?1373214989
Hi I am sorry you have not gotten an answer yet. I am sure there are people on the forum that live in Texas.  Perhaps they will be along soon
Good luck
Dee
Blank
thanks, I found 1 in Austin area, seems to be real good.
Blank
I was just diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis and saw a doctor in Austin.  Not impressed with his office staff at all.  Could you let me know who you found and what you think?
Thanks
Blank
I have a doctor that I like - Dr. Nancy Matteer.  I started going to her back a few years ago due to stomach bleeding and GERD (related to the various autoimmune arthritis diseases I have) I recently started having Liver Inflammation and I immediately went back to her and she is on the case.  
She's a Heptalogist as well.

What I like about her is she's smart - compassionate - and VERY thorough. (ten vials of blood??? Really???)  AND the thing I like the most is that she is NOT a part of Austin Gastroenterology, which pretty much owns this town. I wasn't happy with the first doc I saw there and they wouldn't let me change to another one. Finding a private practice Gastro here is hard.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis Autoimmune Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...