Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
diagnosing hep autoimmune
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

diagnosing hep autoimmune

My ex-wife was recently diagnosed with Hep-C 1a as well as a possibility of Hepatitis Autoimmune. The doctor wants her to take a biopsy  but I'm wondering what that will really reveal in that regard. My understanding (and I had hep-c and beat it) is that hep-c can have similar symptoms to the Hep Autoimmune and that the marker test could be a false positive. We'd rather not have her go through a biopsy unless it's a true discriminator. We have no idea how she got hep-c btw. She's not and has never been an iv user, and she did not get it from me, as mine was genotype is 3. We also know that in 2002, her alt/ast/bili's were well within norms. They are not now. So the feeling is her hep-c is not advanced enough to cause her cirrhosis.

Any thoughts here or people that have been diagnosed with both?