diagnosing hep autoimmune
My ex-wife was recently diagnosed with Hep-C 1a as well as a possibility of Hepatitis Autoimmune. The doctor wants her to take a biopsy  but I'm wondering what that will really reveal in that regard. My understanding (and I had hep-c and beat it) is that hep-c can have similar symptoms to the Hep Autoimmune and that the marker test could be a false positive. We'd rather not have her go through a biopsy unless it's a true discriminator. We have no idea how she got hep-c btw. She's not and has never been an iv user, and she did not get it from me, as mine was genotype is 3. We also know that in 2002, her alt/ast/bili's were well within norms. They are not now. So the feeling is her hep-c is not advanced enough to cause her cirrhosis.

Any thoughts here or people that have been diagnosed with both?
I think that the main reason for the biopsy is to see what type of fibrosis or cirrhosis the liver actually has.  I did have a biopsy and it wasnt bad.  It was over in 10min and did not hurt much. It was worth it to me to know for sure how much damage I had.
Thanks for your reply. Personally I rejected the biopsy and just decided to go with the treatment.
She hasn't had hep-c that long so it's hard to believe she has cirrhosis. The though I'm having is to wait until we see what her new alt/ast and billi's are and then make a decision based on that.