Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
liver enzymes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

liver enzymes

I was hospitalized  for chest pain and shortness of breath 3weeks ago due to fluid in my lungs and a little around my heart. While doing a blood test  I had an inflamed liver with elevated liver enzymes ALT 2721 and AST 2246 all other blood test reslults were w/in normal specs. They have gradually decreased today my ALT was 141 and AST had fallen into spec. I tested neg for all viruses, negative for TB, negative for blood clots. I was taking protien shakes (about 96g/day) for about a month prior to and quit about two days before my symptoms that caused the hospitalization occured.  The docs are saying that it was probably from taking the protien shakes. Could this cause these types of levels, and could an inflamed liver cause fluid build up in my lungs and around my heart? Thanks to anyone that could shed some light.
Yes definatly you need to understand that your major orans all work together if one doesnt function properly and with enzymes that high the liver was really have a time functioning, which means other organ were also affected.  I have toxic hep from medication and i take water pills twice a day because fluid builds up in my body and my vital organ are all affected.