Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
seronegative autoimmune hep
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

seronegative autoimmune hep

Hi guys n gals.
im a bit confused, 7weeks ago i turned a lovely shade of canary yellow after 4 weeks of being tired lost 2 stone in weight and generaly being lazy spending all my time in bed.
after 5 weeks of tests and a week in hospital my doc has diagnosed seronegative aih.
a biopsy has been done and im waiting to hear the results
im on reducing prednisolone from 40mg now on 20mg a day.
i can seem to find any info on the seronegative aih, there is a load on aih but nit the seronegative bit
can anyone shed anylight?
not enjoying the side affects of the meds either...
thanks for reading and sorry if its been asked before, its quite frustrating not knowing
Related Discussions
In autoimmune hepatitis (AIH) the body immune system attacks some parts of the self (own body) as foreign. In the majority of cases it is associated with hypergammaglobulinemia and non-specific autoantibodies (namely, ANA and ASMA in type 1 and anti-LKM in type 2 autoimmune hepatitis)
in a considerable percentage, up to 20%, these markers can not be detected in blood. in such sitiuation it is called sero-negative AIH, but other battery of autoantibodies can be searched for and may/may not be found in serum.

either conditions, the treatment is the same, immunosuppresion

wishing you a speed recovery and the best health

Sira MM
Associate Prof. of Pediatric Hepatology
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis Autoimmune Community Resources