Hepatitis B - Philippines Community
chances going to dubai

Welcome to the Hepatitis B - Philippines community! This community is a place to ask questions about Hepatitis B, medical issues, research topics, questions about the initial period after diagnosis, treatment, information and participation in discussions about clinical research related to hepatitis.

Viewing 201-211 comments:
hi nic,i am a hepa b victim. i graduated civil engineering course. can i go to dubai with hepa b? thanks in advance for you response. godbless
i graduated civil engineering course, for now i am reviewng for my licensure examination. then after, i would like to to dubai to have work. can i? even i have hepa b? what should i do, can i apply agencies for my work abroad in dubai? or to have a visit visa then find job in dubai? is agency here in the philippines should have a pre test of hepa b in terms of my profession?
hi, I just wanted to share my experience with regards to hepa b, like urs im also a hepa b carrier. i was applying for abroad i was failed due to medical result unfit po ako because i was diagnosed hepa b reactive. I was shock and hopeless that is why I am serching thanks god nabasa ko dto mga comment nyo po. kuya nic, i just wanted to ask if there will be a chance to work in UAE despite of my condition? as u've said na pwde mg tourist visa then apply nlang not fall to the 6 categories na n mention nyo po. tlaga bang pwde mka work don? kc ntatakot ako bka ma banned lng ako don. pls adive nman po. thank u so much..
helo nic... I am A HEP B carrier.. a wife and a mother...my husband is working in Dubai..he planned to take me under his visa.. I will not work there but we just wanted to be with each other..now that we know that they tested hep b for the visa..Do I have the chance with my husband in Dubai since I dont hAve plans in working there but as a wife I wanted to be with my husband..please help me clarify things coz I have been so worried these days...thank u so much
Hi is there a life time ban if you have been deported before because of having hepatitis b? Because my friends want to come back here for a tourist visa and find another job but not in relation to the 6 categorical. Thanks for any reply.
hello po..my husband just passed his interview for sales attendant in ADNOC an oil company in abudhabi at just recently we learned about him having hepa b..but the doctor said that its not passable or infectious..can he still work in abudhabi?for medical narin po kami sa agency hindi palang po kami tumuloy kc nalaman po namin na positive po sia..can we still proceed on the medical?will the agency let him fly to abudhabi?thank you for the every info that you can give us...
sis as far as i know... kapag middle east malabong makapasok ang mga positive sa hepatitis b... yung iba ngang nababasa q dito... kung kelan nandun n sila, saka pa sila pina dedeport sa pilipinas... dpa ksi gnun ka open sa middle east s sakit natin... i private msg moko... and leave your number... para tulungan nalng tyo...
Hi Nic,
I would like to asking about something.
I read in the internet that start from 19 august 2010 that UAE has allow expatrite who have hepatitis B to enter the UAE.except of 6 categories.  Herewith i'm quoting from web: http://uaevisarules.wordpress.com/2010/08/21/rules-relaxed-on-workers-health-ckecks-in-uae-2/
the 6 categories are :
1 Nannies.
2.Housemaids.
3.Nursery and kindergarten supervisors.
4.Workers in hairdressing saloon, beauty centres and health club.
5.Anyone working in processing on food control authorities.
6.And those employed in cafes and restaurants.

My job is out of those categories. I am seaman.
At past in august 2008,I have good job in UAE.
I joined shipping company in Fujairah. The name is GAC/Gulf Agency Company Ltd. I supposed to have contract for 6 months.
But when the company applied residence visa for me, I failed in medical test because I have Hepatitis B. Then soon after it,
company sent me home. I was deported from UAE.
So based from that news, do I still have another chance to re-apply for work visa / seaman visa?
If yes then please advise me what steps that I must to do.
Appreciate for your kind attention and waiting for your reply.
Thank you very much.
hi just like your husband I am also a positive hepa B carrier. I just learned it after my medical for ADNOC as C-store Attendant. I am very disappointed and hopeless about my condition. The Universal staffing Agency didn't allow me to proceed my visa due to unfit of medical. Npakasakit tlaga gumuho ang mga pangarap ko n mkapag abroad lumuwas p nman ako ng Manila pra s interview n yan. So if I were you wag ka nlang mgpa medical kc e decline ka rin ng agency sayang lng ung P3,050 na medical fee s PTJ clinic. Let us accept the fact and move on. Psalamat nlang tayo buhay pa tayo but no chance going to abroad for work.
hi im a bepa b carrier nonractive do i have a chance to go for a work in dubai? or to be a seaman> pls help
hi guys... just like the others, im also a healthy carrier of hepa b, way back 2009, im a graduating student of HRM specialized in cruiseline management,  when i found out that i carried this virus. Im so frustrated because i feel... i only waste my time and effort studying my course, So i decided to work as a tailor since my family own a tailoring shop. I learn the style and techniques to run our business...

until now i want to pursue my dreams... guys do you think a have a chance to work in cruise ship or other country as a professional tailor?  
Hi Nic. I am a  Hep B chronic carrier, I would like to work in Dubai. I am a BCom graduate and like to work into Finance or other related roles. Am i able to get with work visa. Please help me
nick im worried about my case..what is your number im here in dubai
Hi Guys,
Just want to share my experience here in Dubai. I'm also following this thread before I decided to accept a job offer in Dubai. I just arrived in October this year. I'm hepa b carrier, so i'm also super worried when I got here. I got a job in a free zone company, so it's not falling into the 6 categories. During the medical test, I really prayed hard that there will be no issue and I can pass the medical. They took my Xray, and blood test. I ask the lab attendant what will they check on my blood, she said only HIV. Also when you have the medical form, it mentions there what category you are in. My category falls under - "Others", so it means not under 6 categories. After 2-3weeks of waiting, thank God my Residence Visa was released.

You can check this website as a guide: http://www.dha.gov.ae/EN/ServiceCatalogue/eServices/MedicalFitness/Pages/Packages.aspx

But I think that this category system is only applicable to Dubai. Different Emirates in UAE have different rules. I don't know about Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and others. So which is why in the Philippines, all agencies will still check HBV when working abroad.

Good luck to all. There is hope even if you have HBV. Keep a healthy lifestyle.
sir pde npo makasakay ng barko ngyon kht HB carrier ka bsta po non-reactive dapat ang HBe-Ag test mo, second is normal po dapat SGPT test mo! mag pa kuha ka po ng HB profile pra malaman mo lahat ng mga yan. kpg ganyan po test result mo, kht na HBs-Ag reactive kpa, fit ka po sa barko nyan. pro take note po na ndi lahat ng manning agency ganyan. pili lng po ngbbgay ng ganyan mga case. marami npo mga seaman na nsa barko na ngyon kht HB carrier. cla po un tinatawag na healthy carrier!
Thanks for sharing. the roles are the same everywhere. and free s=zone companies are more relaxed. the type of company greatly matters. e'g any position in the hotel sector you will be tested, all emirate airline staff are being tested.etc. The fear of being deported is worst than the fear of dying from HBV. I understand
Hi All,

So, here is my story which I wanted to share with you all. I am a Hepatitis B positive person and I was like all you guys who was worried about this for getting my employment visa.

I am happy to share with you all that, I got my employment visa stamped on my passport smile

Story:

I am from a computer background, recently I have been offered by a dubai based company for a very good offer. I have already got a very good job in india where I was paid good for indian standard. I know very well I was Hep B +ve person and took up the interview for the dubai company and got selected.

At this time, a big question araised before me wheather to take this offer or not. It is because, what If i take the offer and after the medicals they deport me. If that is the case, I would lose my precious job which I already have.

I did my research in internet and found out that they check hep B only for person whose work category falls under 6 categories, however there was contracdicting report that people where checked for HepB inspite that they did not fall under that six category.

I was very much in doubt, but I called Dubai Health Authority, and said that I am a computer engineer and got a job in dubai and also i am a hep B positive person will I be allowed to get visa? They replied back saying yes you can, we will not any problem in that until the immigration does not have any problem.

With all this doubt surrounding, I took a bold decision to come into dubai quiting my job. Coz, I am sure that they wont consider HbsAg until you fall under that six category. My company applied for the visa I have under gone medicals and the result came out saying "Free from Infectious Dieases" I was elated and got my visa stamped on my passport.

So it is sure that Hep B is not been tested if your job category does not fall under 6 catergories. But I was wondering how come some ppl got tested for it and rest is history.

Must do for all the candidates who apply for visa :

When your company PRO applies for medical test make sure and get it confirm from them on what job profession they are applying the visa for. Make sure, the job profession in the visa application is mentioned as to the job related to you and not from any other categories.

All the process are computeriesed and pre decided, hence if the visa application it is mentioned as food handler and if your actual work is software engineer you will be tested for Hep B. Hence make sure your PRO applies in right category for you.

All the best for everyone and don't worry you will get through until your job is not in the 6 category.

Thanks.
thanks sa advise nag pa Hepa b profile n ko last yr pa... normal nmn po lahat ng result pwera lang sa count of value ng virus, ok din po ang result ng DNA...
how about those coming in uae with residence entry permit  or visit/tourist visa converting to residence visa sponsor by husband/wife. do hepatitis b test still included in medical test?
Hi Nic,

It's been a while since the last time I visited this site and shared my experience. I am happy that we are able to share our positive out look with our fellow hep carrier. Just a question though, I had visited one of the forums and they are saying upon renewal of residence visa you need to show a medical record that you had undergone 3 shots of vaccine. is this true?
hi guys, just want to share...

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/health/uae-hepatitis-screening-rules-have-been-relaxed

is this only for UAE?
luckily, I'm about to take an interview in one the agency that i have applied. the job is food related and it's available bound to KUWAIT, unfortunately I am a carrier of HPV. now I'm really in doubt if I'm gonna pursue it still. pls.help me
We carriers are not allowed to work in Middle east. like on my case I already took my final interview as a service crew bound for Kuwait. Unfortunately, I was diagnose of HPV. having said that, I still ask my employer if I can still work beyond the 6 category job. but they told me that even if I surpass the requirements (specifically Medical test) here in Philp. I will still gonna conduct the same test in Kuwait. therefore, if they will found out that your still a carrier, they will send you home. so i guess, we have to focus on our health first. I hope you don't mind. but that's our reality
hi im electrical engineer here in the philipines with same condition a healty carrier , but i was applying at agency here in the philippine but dinied no chance for me, my application @ dubai is construction
pls give me advice im electrical engineer here in the philippines hoping work in dubai im hepa b  healthy carrier same condition to you...thanks pls txt me to my no. 09289342851 thanks
I guess pde ka makapag trabaho sa Dubai if you are healthy carrier lang kc meron sila policy na 6 jobs category kapag Hindi food related ang trabaho mo pero kylangan pupunta ka dun true visit visa then apply as an engineer., try to read some of the post here na nakaalis kahit may HBV as long as healthy carrier.wag ka mawalan ng pagasa live a normal healthy lifestyle.
In kuwait HBV is not allowed.But in UAE i dont know how far the new rule has been came into action

I am 27 year old Indian male. I am trying to look a job in Dubai. But I m Hep B positive. I am an MBA Finance graduate, I would like to get a job as an Accountant. Actually I got 2-3 chances. but since i m having this disease I was scared to accept those chances. I heard that Hep B test is now done only for 6 categories. Has this law been implemented. Kindly help me on this. I need to work abroad. My financial condition is also poor.So I have no money to waste. Please help .. God bless u..
Can u please provide me the number of Dubai Health Authority or any other way of contacting them.
Hi, i m kamal rasool, last week a company in sharjah hired me and sent me visa letter of CNC turning Supervisor related to my work Exp. But i m very much confused about my medical test, dear my eliza test for hepa b is positive but my pcr test for hepa b is negative, it means my hepa b virus is non-reactive. and my visa category is also not lying under the six mentioned categories for hepa b for new visa. Shall i under go the test of Hepa b or not. in that case if they find my eliza positive then what would they do. but in fact my PCR is negative. I request to all of you plz help me that what i have to do before and after entering the UAE. and Plz let me know that new rule for hepa b and c is 100% applicable or not. Thanks!
Hi all,

Im a license civil engineer as well as master plumber, i am a hbsag reactive. Can i work abroad even i have this illness?
Nope, middle east has a ruling, very strict for hepa b positive. Even if youre only a carrier and has a job not related to food handlers and medical employees.
good day, gusto ko sana malaman panu ko po makakapag undergo sa treatment to become non- reactive to hepa b? im interested to the way you suggest . and how much the cost for 1 months. please help me thanks
hello nic2012...im applying to work in dubai as sheet metal fabricator/hvac duct fabricator,...is there any complication to apply bcoz im hepa b reactive positive,..diagnosed when im applying going to ksa....pls give me some advise,...tnx..
no worries you do not fall within the 6categories but don't accept any pre visa test done privately by any company, they will do all test and deny you the job meanwhile in the actual medical centre your position doesn't require HBV test.
Do not reply when you don't know. I have been living in UAE for the past 6years with HBV. You are one of those who scare people. I give honest and sincere answer based on my experience.it depends on the type of company and position. In the past yes but for the past 4years the laws have been relaxed.
thankz nic for your kind replies.. U r giving hope for people like us.. God bless u brother..
Hi my bf had a hepa b,but i akready had a complete vaccine for hepatatis a before when i was 7-8 yrsold..there is a possible that i have hepa b too?? Pls answer my question im so confuse because i will have my medical soon..but im hired as as costumer service coordinator in a car company..please reply thank..
Please help me for a posibble answer..im just worried and confuse if i had a hepatatis b too?? Thanks
Magkaiba nman ang hepa a hepa b! Dpat ang vaccine mo para rin s hepa b pra dk mahawa,..mag pa check k nlng ng dugo pra malaman mo kc 2 klase ang hepa b my nkakahawa meron hindi.
Pag sales coorinator ba dito sa dubai,my test for hepa b?thanks
I was surprised there's a forum like this for overseas workers. Anyhow, I tested reactive for HbsAg (hep B) and also 1 month away from visiting my brothers in Al Ain. However, I am now considering telling them that this visit may have to be cancelled....for now.
To Heart111 who is very concerned about her health, face it and take the blood screening test. It won't cost much but you will immediately know the results in less than 24 hrs. Hep A is different from Hep B. If one acquires the infection as an adult, there's a huge chance our bodies can develop immunity to it. If one gets it since childbirth (vertical transmission- mother to baby) then it's a lifelong battle against the infection.
In my case, I have completed shots for hep b vaccines both in childhood and in adulthood (due to my college course) but I still tested reactive despite showing clear from any disease last December 2013. I even get 1-2 screens and tests annually, that's how OC I was about my health but I still got this.  About to take an ELIZA for HbsAg today. Hope this helps!
Hi nic i just want to ask,im in the philippines right now,and i have a job offer in dubai as accountant,would they get my medical from here in the philippines before they would process my visa?or my medical test should be done in dubai?im a hep b reactive,should i get worried when i get there for the medical? My friend works for the company and referred me there,it would be a direct hire,by the way its a construction and engineering company..
Thank you ang may God bless you more!
hi nick
what if you reject the pre medical test of a company? you think they will suspecting you that you are hiding something about ur health? sale's clerk will not fall for the 6 categories ryt? i want to apply in a mall since im not a professional maybe a clerk in any establishment would fine for me. do you think they will still do the test?
Viewing 201-211 comments: