Hepatitis B - Philippines Community
hep b treatment
About This Community:

Welcome to the Hepatitis B - Philippines community! This community is a place to ask questions about Hepatitis B, medical issues, research topics, questions about the initial period after diagnosis, treatment, information and participation in discussions about clinical research related to hepatitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hep b treatment

I have a Hep B which was diagnosed since 2007. Unfortunately, all my doctors said that it is a disease with no cure and I am prone for cirrhosis or liver cancer. Last Jan. 2014 I had my check up with a hepatologist. The following were the results of my lab test:

SGPT Cormay          Normal Range 0-42         COncentration 26 U/L
Hepatitis Profile
       HBsAg          Reactive
       Anti HBS      Non-reactive
       Anti HBC IgG  Reactive
      Anti HAV igM    Non-reactive
      HBeAg         Reactive
      Anti HBe     Non-reactive
HBV DNA Viral Load      30,991,616 IU/ml
Liver Elastography  values are within normal limits

My liver is still normal but I have significantly high hbv dna viral load. My doctor even suggested that I undergo liver biopsy to be sure if my liver is still healthy. I am really upset and scared about the possibility of having cirrhosis or liver cancer.Right now, I am not taking any medication as I am not given any meds to take. My doctor said that if I want to get pregnant she will give me medicines so that my viral load will lessen. I used to take Essentiale as prescribed by my first doctor and Liver aide as prescribed by my 2nd doctor but I stopped taking them. I also want to get pregnant but the thought of infecting my soon-to-be-husband even if he already received a hep B vaccine and the risk of transmitting this to my baby really adds to my stress. Can you help me out?
Immune tolerant phase. Your dr is right
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B - Philippines Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank