NOW REALLY CONFUSED AND SCARED
ORIGINAL QUESTION::::
OK Here we go...

I was first exposed to HEP B from a Chronic carrier in August 2013.  Then again at the end of last month.  We found out that he was Chronic and I immediatly went to get tested.  Big suprise I tested poitive for Surface Antigen and Negative for Antibodies.  I then had further tests done and this is where I and the nurse got confused.

Hep B Surface Antigen- Positive
Hep B Surface Antibody- Negative
Hep BE Antigen- Positive
Liver Panel all in range
Hep B Core Antibody- Negative- this is where the nurse told me she couldn't understand.

The two tests were done about a week apart and from all I have read I most likely was infected in August  due to the timelines of when the antigen shows up in your system.

I have no idea why the liver panel would be OK and my Core Antibody be negative.  

I am sitting and trying to search the web for any and all details yet I am confusing myself.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Further results came in:

My core Igm and Igg were both negative...Nurse said it could be a sign I have HIV please tell me this is her jumping to the extreme..or there is another possibility both would come back negative.
I am going today for further blood work to re-do liver test and core Igm and Igg to make sure they are true negatives.  Also have an HIV test done.  I am hoping she is sooo wrong. I am grasping at straws here anyone?????

thank you I know this is a long read but I am scared.
Hi, from the results it appears that you have hepatitis B infection. Chronic hepatitis B is a spectrum of disease usually characterised by the presence of detectable hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in the blood or serum for longer than six months. Those who are HBsAg-positive and HBeAg-positive are infectious. Regards.