Hepatitis B Community
hbsag quantity which is 250iu/ml

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbsag quantity which is 250iu/ml

today i received my hbsag quantity which is 250iu/ml is it a very high effective.

due to this my visa process may stop .what is the normal quantity for visa
Tags: hbsag
This result is a typical lab mistake. It should be stated as hbsag is greater than 250 iU/ml.
Uou need to find the lab or maybe pay more to this lab so that they do dilution of the sample. 250 is maximum limit of the analyzer.
As for your visa application this result means that you have hbv and if it is a hurdle for the visa you should probably stop it since unfortunately you can not get rid of it quickly. There is a chance that you are acute so it makes sense to check igm anyway recheck hbsag in 6 month.