Hepatitis B Community
hepatitis vaccination to new born
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hepatitis vaccination to new born

Dear sir / madam,
My father has been diagnosed with chronic hepatitis but all other members are negative and got vaccinated.
Recently I have been blessed with a girl child, she is three month old . She have been vaccinated for hepatitis b, given two doses. Now I have brought my child to my hometown where she will live with my father. Due to some problem she is being fed with milk powder. So is it necessary to keep her away from my father till this dose? As she is being fed by milk powder instead of mothers milk, so immunity will be low. So would like to know is it safe to keep her with my father. She will not have contact with my father frequently but occasionally.
Is it necessary to keep her away from my father till my third dose?
Waiting for your replies.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI Mahama

Did you tell the doctor who vaccinated the baby about your fathers hepatitis B status . I think there is some vaccine called HBIG which acts faster on the babies who are at risk for contracting Hep B . You should take advise from Stef who is an expert in this forum and he may guide you appropriately .

Thanks
Blank
I assume vaccine works so her hbsab count is protecting her from all HBV ...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...