Hepatitis B Community
1 shot of hep b vaccinarion

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

1 shot of hep b vaccinarion

my partner is a healthy carrier of hepatitis b(chronic) so that doctor request me to have vaccinations  but instead of 3 shots i got 1 shot only because im very busy in my work , my problem is we had sex without protection and i only got 1 shot of vaccination is there a big possibility that i can have that virus also T_T

pls help me T_T answer my question
One shot offers you partial protection plus your own immunity. However, it is still best to complete the series and test for level of HBs antibody to be sure.

How infective your partner is depends on your partner's viral load (hbvdna). The term "healthy carrier" is not used anymore as it can be misleading. Regular checkup is advised as status can change.