Hepatitis B Community
182.3 Anti-Hbs (cut off 10.0) "reactive"..what do you mean by...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

182.3 Anti-Hbs (cut off 10.0) "reactive"..what do you mean by that?

Hi! last week I had been tested for Anti-HBs Titer due to a work requirement, I am a nurse, I just can't understand the results. It says 182.3 count, the cut off value is 10.0, "reactive". 4yrs ago I had been screened for Hepa B with a "negative" result. Months after that screening I completed 3 doses of hepa B vaccine (energix b), with 0-1-6 months interval of doses. I haven't had booster dose since then. so does my Anti-hbs reading "reactive" good or bad? does that "reactive" mean I'm immune due to the vaccine or I'm infected? Do I need to do Hepa Screening again? what do I need to do? Im confused, help me please interpret this one. Thank you in advance!
As a registered nurse you should know the difference between antigen and antibody. Anti-HBsAg positive means you have antibody to HBsAg , the purpose of having the vaccine. Your level of antibody is high, so you now have protective immunity.
Please also pay attention to units in your result.
Thanks for responding in my queries... a great help!