Hepatitis B Community
A1762T/G1764A and G1899A mutations associated with HCC
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

A1762T/G1764A and G1899A mutations associated with HCC

http://archive.mail-list.com/hbv_research/message/20100806.114930.3e76db26.en.html

A1762T/G1764A and G1899A this is my situation....this is to say how hbv mutation tests are so important and that treatment should be started in anycase when these mutations are present
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Interesting when you say treatment you mean Tenofovir? And will tenefovir get rid of the mutation A1762T/G1764A and G1899A?

I'm trying to understand that if hbv dna level become undetectable will that mean no more mutation?
Blank
Interesting when you say treatment you mean Tenofovir?
whatever is best for the status, tenofovir, entecavir or peginterferon

And will tenefovir get rid of the mutation A1762T/G1764A and G1899A?

no but over the years some mutations may clear if all the cccnda with info of that mutant is lost and of course if virions with those mutations are cleared from the liver, for example after many years some patients lost lam resistance.i guess it is unlikely

I'm trying to understand that if hbv dna level become undetectable will that mean no more mutation?

no, hbvdna never becomes undetectable in the liver until hbsag is und and hbsab formed.antivirals just lower replication but are not so effeicent to block it complitely
Blank
Ok this why I'm confused some test say viral load undetectable after viread but hbsag is detectable.
Blank
it is undetectable for the test only but hbvdna is still there in low amounts

hbvdna and hbsag have no correlation at all, hbsag comes from cccdna inside infected cells and from integrated hbv in our own dna, so clearance of virions have no effect on infected cells, cccdna and hbv infection.....decades of tenofovir might clear hbsag we still have to see what happens after 15-20 years of antiviral
Blank
Sorry if I'm asking too many questions but How useful is viread in preventing or lowering hcc chances in mutants like us?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...