ALT – AST – GGT different meaning
Dear mates,

I’m CHB carriers since birth still EAG+ve after 2 ifn course in 2008 and 2012 (last one with TDF and then IFN add on).

Latest biopsy in 2007 showed a METAVIR 0-1 rank, normal liver almost no Fibrosis at all. Docs decided to stop tx (after 14month on TDF+ IFN) as no decrease at all in HBSAG quantity. Now we wait and see if flares occur on follow up and hopefully eag seroconversion and SVR.

My AST are ok while ALT are 54 (UNL=49) and GGT 78/80 (UNL=67) .. Is’m wondering id one of this is the ideal mark of liver infected cells killing and immune response activation.. It seems strange to me that GGT is higher then ALT while in the past ALT was the highest of the three..

ggt reflects both immune activation and inflammation togehter with ast/alt but it is difficult to say who's the winner between immune system and virus, you can have a clear picture of immune activation from hbcab igm quantitative (see brunetto studies on this) and also the pattern of hbsag/hbeag quantity

hbcab igm quantitative is in s/co and it rises when there is immune activation, it rises before alt flares
thanks Stef! that was what I meant.. it's curios to see this.. normally ALT were the highest..
btw which is the one increasing due to body exercising?

none of the liver tests correlates with excercise but keep in mind light excercise has no impact on immune system strenght but heavy or professional gym has a very bad impact on immune system.you can see the worst on some professionals or olimpics having similar immune systems to aids patients with very low cd4

a moderate excercise increases intf production and a heavy one obolish that
Hi Stef2011
I would like to hear from you on the exercises for a CHB patient undergoing treament.
Can you please elaborate on what you meant about moderate exercise, is that a 500 to 600 Calorie burn with cardio exercises that includes 2 to 3km run on thread mill and 3 km on cycling, along with that some weight exercises. is this fine?

i am definitely not expert on this, since diet allowed me to achieve a better shape/bmi than any gym/swimming/thread mill i tried in the past now i have zero excercises

my guess is that what makes you tired is too much while what you feel as normal activity/light activity is ok.
i think there s no general rule, as an example my tech is so fine i can swim 1hr per day moderate speed that i dont feel it, it is just like walking even if i dont swim for years, so i guess that is a light activity.if you have no technique i guess this same thing can get you tired to death
Thanks Stef for the response....as you said adequate physical activity that doesn't make us tired in our routine life could be fine...and as such there are not much studies and proofs on physical activity/exercises that improvises the body immunity and interferon production...just need to believe a stress free life and a healthy diet could do better it seems...