Hepatitis B Community
ALT SGPT

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

ALT SGPT

I just want to ask if there is a possibility to become non-reactive from hep B once you diagnose to have a reactive hepatits b antigen...because my husband 1st lab test was he has a 107.5 ALT SGPT..but after 2 and a half months of taking barraclude he's ALT SGPT lab shown 44...is this means he could get rid of the virus soon ang be non-reactive from it? please help me..thank you
there is a possibility to become non-reactive from hep B

--By baraclude the chance is 1.8%.

is this means he could get rid of the virus soon

--No.  Please read the following:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/B/bFAQ.htm#tests
My Alt (Sgpt) is 64 and scale says 63 is limit. My AST (sgot) is 23 and scale says 37 is limit. Should I be concerned and what could be problem.
I don't think there is a simple answer to your question. The consensus upper limit normal for ALT is 30 iu/L for men and 19 iu/mL for women. Elevated ALT by itself it is not necessary bad, context is important. Persistent elevation of ALT and hbvdna may indicate disease activities leading to fibrosis and should be monitored carefully. On the other hand, elevated ALT with decreasing hbvdna may indicate immune activities and may be a good sign.
Anyway, check your hbvdna(viral load) and for fatty liver.