About Hepatitis B
Hi my question is this on Feb 18 I kiss my girl friend and she do oral sex with me then she diagnose with HBSAG  rite after that on March 15 I vist hospital and take Hepatitis B First Vaccine then on March 16 I do my HBSAG test which comes Negative now on April 18 I do again Blood test on HBSAG which comes same negative and then 19 March I take 2nd vaccine of Hepatitis B so can you please tell me no same I be in risk of getting of HBSAG or not
Hi, its difficult to predict if you will get the infection or not, as at the time of encounter, she could have been positive to infection. As you took the vaccine soon, its less likely. The incubation period (the time between initial contact with the virus and onset of the disease) for hepatitis B ranges from 45 to 180 days. You will have get tested at intervals. Anti Hbs levels above 10 IU/L are considered to be protective. Regards.