Hepatitis B Community
Active chronic hep b and pregnant

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Active chronic hep b and pregnant

Im very worry for my baby n family.  I just found out I have this virus and been crying n worring that I might not see my baby growing up. My hubby is even more worry about losing me. Anyone know if u are active chronic Hep b are there any chances that you will clear? What are the treatments? How long does ppl live with this active chronic condition? Any answer will help. I also accept hugs n prayers ;)
Take a deep breath, try to calm yourself down and tell yourself everything will be ok and the world is not ending tommorw. What you and your husband are feeling is pretty normal with many diseases and illnesses. You will see your baby growing up and your husband will not lose you, as long as you take care of yourself.

You need to educate yourself, learn how to manage your disease to live a normal life and protect the people around you (get them vaccinated). There is a welcome page that has good basic information.

There are routine blood tests and imaging of the liver to monitor the disease. Also in the past 10 years they have come out with some really effective drugs as well (only for those who absolutely need it, do not take anything unless it is absolutely necessary).

People with Chronic Hepatitis B can live long healthy lives, even longer than people without Hepatitis B. But some people will have complications and thats why monitoring and disease managment is key. There is a very small percentage people clear this on thier own, but it does happen.

Go and get your blood tests and imaging done (ALT, AST, HBV DNA, HBE Antigen status, HBE Anitbody status, liver ultrasound, and Fibroscan). Post the results here and people will help you.

Most importantly keep praying and get your husband involved.

One more thing you need to get your tests done as soon as possible because you are having a baby. Also wihthin the first TWO hours of birth the baby needs to get the Hepatitis B Vaccine and the HBIG shot. This will protect your baby 90%.
just eat right food and stay awy from vices we will be here like others  we will not be clear for now but who knows maybe someday someone will be able to find a cure  for this at least you have a family to turn when  you are  felling down just pray
Thank you for the great info. Im going to see specialist tomorrow think he will test my viral load and hopefully not too high. I did alot of research recently and found a lot of info regard to my condition which is still very scary to me. I already told my family and thy all tested so guess they all vaccinated except me. whole family was vaccinated but me, I can't help but feel betrayed. No one care enough to say maybe u should get vaccinated bc this is such a common thing for Asians. I found that's more bothersome than having this virus.
It's great to know there are many supportor and foundations for this virus, I also feel alil betterwhen I talk to someone in the same situation. Thank u