Hepatitis B Community
Among the 1-3% that got cured naturally.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

3-oct-2011 hbsag(747.67iu/ml)
12-sep-2012 hbsag(700.78)
put on treatment(6months)
14-june-2013 hbsag(808.07iu/ml)
hbv dna: undetected     stop treatment        13-nov-13 hbsag(633.63iu/ml)
is there a chance of seroconverting simultaneosly.

Yes
why not
You can be among 1-3%
However if u use peg inf the chances are almost 10 %
The cost of pegIFN is too much in west african countries around $550 per injection.
My spirit is lifted, since there is a chance for one to seroconvert hbsag even without meds.
Thats cruel
60 USD is the price here
U see now, the dr. too said the prise is high for me to experiment on it.
But our own immune system produces interferon which is neutralise by hbsag "stef2011"
It is generally unsafe to stop treatment when hbvdna became undetectable. So please monitor your ALT and hbvdna frequently in the next few months.
our immune system makes nothing if we are infected by hbv, it is the virus to drive the immune response, not us
without antivirals or peg it is like 100% chronic, a percentage like 1-3% is meaningless especially because the error of these studies might be higher than 1-3% and cannot reflect real life
my hbsag is 710 iu/ml today
get pegintf to clear it
thanks for ur fast respond, I wish I could hv provide the money for the pergyinterferon, but I could not. pls what other thing can I do to eradicate the hbsag completely, your advice will be appreciated, thank you.
nothing else, just keep vitamin d levels at high range of normal, but this is just for general health and keep immune system healthy, not a cure for hbsag

india and vietnam have their own generic peginterferon which is cheaper, if you happen to have friends there you may get it cheaper
Where did u have ur hbsag quantity test done?
that's in Ghana@ MDS laboratories, the hbsag is so frustrating, I tell u, u can just concentrate again, the only one to heal us now is the Almighty.
hbsag at 710 iu/ml for you is really low. You should look for a way to get PegInf, so u can clear whats remaining off. You have a big chance. I suggest you try some teaching hospitals in Ghana, you might find you can get it for free.
I am considering comming to ghana to have my HBSAG quantity test done from Nigeria. The lab where i have been doing it in Lagos is not very reliable. They keep giving me highly fluctuating and wide varying figures each time i go to check.
Please let me have the address in Ghana where i go for the test. Is results out the same day?
MDS lancet can b found in east legion, their number is 0504101150, 0504101151 , the result can b gotten in 42 hours time, hope u r clear.
I mean east legon in Accra, one injection of pergyinterferon I've been told cost around 550 dollars, how much is it in nigeria
All clear. Thanks.
I just checked with a phamacy just now. Told its about 150 dollars for a shot.
OK, thx for ur concern, what is da value of ur hbsag n what hv u been taken now.
Sorry made a mistake wrt the quoted interferon price in nigeria. It's actually 225 dollars. I can't quote an accurate hbsag quantity as I have been using an unreliable lab. Which is why I want to come redo it in Ghana. Been on tnf for 3 years nw, together with10k a day vitD. I also take an antioxidant food supplement and also stabilised vitD.
my AST results today is 23 u/l whiles ALT is 17 u/l which all fall in the normal range