Hepatitis B Community
Anti-Fibrotic Supplements ...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Anti-Fibrotic Supplements ...

In my search for anti-fibrotic supplements for Hep B carriers, I only came across results for Hep C community, and very few for the Hep B sufferers.

Not knowing whether the supplements would be the same for both groups, please recommend formulae or supplements that someone with elevated Fibroscan score (6.8 KPa), Undetected HBV DNA, and normal Ultra Sound like myself should look into.

Thank you as always and I wish you all the best health possible.    
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, there are no proven supplements which can promote health in hepatitis B carriers. Unless scientific studies have been done, it is difficult to tell what are effective supplements. To prevent further damage, you could follow certain precautions. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid drugs like paracetamol and sedatives. Get vaccinated for hepatitis A and B. Take a good protein diet. Regards.