Hepatitis B Community
Anti-HBc

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Anti-HBc

If a person has been given the Hepatitis B vaccination series will they test positive for the Anti-HBc in their blood?
Avatar n tn
you may want to try the hepb forum.  this is the hep c forum
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
This is the Hepatitis forum, and not just for type c. There is no other forum for hep on the medhelp site.  It is easy to see how someone would make that assumption based on the numbers of us here with hcv.  There really isn't much here for those with other types, though.  That's because with hbv over 85% clear on their own, and with c, 85% become chronic.
Avatar n tn
I looked at my test results. I was vaccinated for Hep b and my test results were
10/09/02 hepatitis b core IgM anitibody [MSL] Non-reactive
10/29/02 hepatitis b surf antibody [MSL] Reactive.

My ubderstanding is the reactive antibody is from the vaccine. I do not have hep B. Hope this helps. LL
Avatar n tn
Oh, I thought there were several forums.  I know you can click on hep b from the main page and archived questions come up for hepb only or hep a  ect.  Sorry