Hepatitis B Community
Anti-HBs of >1,000
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anti-HBs of >1,000

Hello. I am an OR nurse with hepa B vaccine. Since I am always expose with different diseases, I am at risk of contracting them especially Hepa B. I recently had a blood test which is ANTI-HBs with a result of >1,000.00 Reactive. Based on the result, I can say that I have a high anti body which protects me from Hepa B. Although I am a nurse, I don't completely understand what does it mean. Does that mean that I am also negative from Hepa B? I had the test few weeks ago. I underwent the test because I want to know if my vaccine of Hepa B and booster dose is still in effect. But when I got the result, it confused and worried me if I have a Hepa B virus? Please help me to understand Hepa B profiles
Tags: anti-hbs
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
are you positive with HBSag, if not tested try to do so...
Blank
I have not undergone test of HbsAg yet.
Blank
948882_tn?1270557407
Given your high antibody count, you should be HBsAg negative.

When you got this test, you should have gotten HBsAg tested as well. Very minor percentage of people may have both HBsAg and HBsAb positive.

In your case it is highly unlikely!! Check Health pages (Welcome page) for more information on reading Hep-B profile.

Blank
That was a relief. I will undergo a medical exam in a few weeks for immigration purposes that's why I've been worried. I'll have a blood test for HbsAg in a few days so I can be 100% sure. :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...