Hepatitis B Community
Antibodies

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Antibodies

Hi, i had a hepa test a month ago. my result for Anti Hbs is >1000 reactive. The doctor told me that it only means i had immunization due to antibodies present in my blood.

My question is, does this high value (>1000) have something to do with the antibodies developed when a person gets HIV infected?
Anti Hbs has nothing to do with HIV infection. Because you did not give a unit for your 1000 anti-Hbs, it is difficult to say whether it is "high". Also, anti-hbs is best interpreted together with your HBsAg staus.