Hepatitis B Community
Antibody test result "NEGATIVE" after hepatitis B vaccine.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

im done with the 3 shots of vaccine for hepatitis b way back 2004, yes it was so long ago already the time before we had our clinical exposure to hospitals.. I know that the best time to check if your already immune with it after the 3 shots is to have it check for presence of antibodies in 1 to 2 months. But unfortunately I was not able to do that in those times. I supposed to get a Certificate stating I'm already done with the 3 dose, but then the nurse told me that I should have it check first for the presence of antibodies after the shots long time ago before he will give me a certificate, so i did that and the result is "NEGATIVE".. MY QUESTION is: Do i need to have a test again for Hep.b Antigen? b4 i will repeat the 3 dose? thanks and looking forward for reply
yes take the shots again
it really? if take a vaccine.. it possible to negative result for a short time?
have you checked if you were already infected before making vaccine?being infected already will prevent any antibody

5% don t respond to vaccine, you can try making monthly shot every month for a year to see if you ever respond
ya i have infected now... i ask if you have a take a vaccine.. it be possible to negative result?