Hepatitis B Community
Any Knowledge About these herbal formulas?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Does anybody have some knowledge about these herbs? Lomatium, and Immuno_Hep. Evidently, they work on killing the HBV and the C virus. They also improve liver function. If any of you have any more information on this, could you share it with us?
  Thanks in advance.
Hi, I'd be very wary of any herbal formula that says it can "kill" the virus, while anything's possible on this big green planet, there are too many herbal formulas that claim this, and it's mostly balderdash...now if it's saying it can improve inflammation issues in the system, therefore improving your labs, that's another story. Unfortunately, not everyone seems to benefit this way with every herbal formula, just like not everybody benefits from more conventional medicine...I'd see some experts in the field if I could, nutritionists, etc...best of luck...(just my opinion for what its worth)

maybe try and get some info here if you'd like

Caring Ambassadors

http://www.hepcchallenge.org/
Be very very careful in some of the herb remedies.

I posted an article recently about a Chinese person taking some herbal medicine that was supposed to help liver disease. Soon afterwards he developed bladder cancer.

They found out that in the herbal product there was a substance that was known to cause cancer and banned in most countries.

Herbs may give you some benefit but if a website is claiming cure as the one you posted, I would walk away. If they are not honest then they are just looking to steal your money.
I would suggest you consult with your liver specialist regarding herbal remedies, I remember there was an article on HBF about HK's hopsital studies on ppl who got HBV taking herbal remedies in HK. Instead of slowing down the virus, it killed them instead...
Hi shawn, how are things going? i have been visiting your blog almost everyday. i visited my doc today and told me there is no treatment indicated for me as i am an inactive carrier. i was disappointed. I WANT to do something to kill this little bugger (virus). It is really annoying me.

honestly not sure what to do. Jim
When I lived in the mountains I ate many pinecones and alas, I still have the virus.
Try http://www.herbs.org/
Herbs CAN cause huge problems elevating liver enzymes which means killing off liver cells so unless you are SURE without doubt it's not going to affect you negatively - don't take it.

Since NOTHING in the world "kills" the virus except Interferon I'd be very leery of this.
How about pine cones?  I recall Eule Gibbions claiming that many parts of a pine cone are edible.

Seriously, many meds find their source in natural herbs. But because the demand far outweighs the ability to produce them naturallu are synthesized to become the pharmaceutical drugs with which most of us are familar.  This coupled with the fact that herbal formulas do not undergo studies to identify long term and drug interactions are the primary reason I am reluctant to take them.
Just because something is "natural" does not mean you can take it with abandon.  As one with a seizure disorder for most of my life, I know this all too well.

Interferon was fine with me the entire 24 weeks I treated; Infergen allowed my seizure disorder to break through its meds in only five weeks.  Sure, that's not a "natural" thing, it's manufactured, but just wanted to give you an example.

Here's another example.  I was going through a very stressful time back in about 1990 or so.  I started on St.John's Wort to calm down.  Three weeks later ... I had a seizure.  My neurologist did not believe me that it was caused by St.John's Wort, but I knew that was the only change I had made in what I ingested.  Five years later it was official ... one of the side effects of SJW is seizures!

Please be very careful with herbs.  If you are intent on taking something, I would start on ONE of the herbs and not take anything else in for at least a month.  I am very careful now what I give to my body because of this disorder, but as you read, it can cause far worse things than seizures.

i heard eule gibbons died of nacharal couses?