Hepatitis B Community
Any measure needed for people with ONLY HBeAb and HBcAb positive?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I'm 32 year old now. I have been tracking my HBV test for 4 years and get the following result:

HBsAg-    HBsAb+    HBeAg-    HBeAb-     HBcAb+   (25 positive)  in 2006
HBsAg-    HBsAb+    HBeAg-    HBeAb+    HBcAb+   (245 positive) from 2007 to 2010
HBsAg-    HBsAb-     HBeAg-    HBeAb+    HBcAb+   (45 positive) in 2010

Any measure or attention is needed for me?  Is there any potential risk of Liver cirrhosis or Hepatitis B if HBeAb is positive for long? May I burden heavy or high-pressure jobs given my situation?

Thanks!

you just effectively cleared hbv complitely and hbsab can become low or und (there are other antibodies which keep protection for hbv without tests available), you dont even need to check in the future for it

if you like to boost protection an increase hbsab again you might take a vaccine shot but you are protected anyway even if hbsab is und now
Thanks for your reply!

But I read from the Internet that HBeAb positive means that the hepatitis virus is repeating although at a low level. I am particularly concerned if there is any (even if very low) possibility that I give hepatitis virus to other people who have kiss or sex with me.

I also worry about the chances that the hepatitis virus wins over the antibodies someday in the future, for example, when I become weak in the future either due to aging or other illness.

Is there any authorative conclusion about that?  Thanks!
that HBeAb positive

you don t have any hbv virus, all your antibodies don t matter you have none

just avoid donating blood
just avoid donating blood
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~why? so my blood is still not 100% clean?

May I have baby with my wife now?

it will never be, almost all viruses are never 100% cleared we just achieve immune control so don t bother donating blood it will be trhown away if you have antibodies other than vaccine antibodies, all hbcab blood is thrown away.

that is the reason why taking drugs which suppress immune system make hbv appear again in people that had acute hbv

same thing for hcv even if you cleared blood is not accepted

May I have baby with my wife now?

yes you can and even if not vaccinated you wont infect, in a situation where hbv is cleared and there is immune control infection can happen only by a lot of blood or organs transplanted since if any virus is left it is very very amounts not detectable by our assays.

probably full clearance is achieved in those who lose hbsab antibody after decades from acute infection
i meant
" it is very very small amounts not detectable by our assays"
I am going through the same thing because I was expose to Hep B over 10 years ago as a teenager strangely I have always tested negative HBcAB until recently I show up HBsAG negative & HBcAB IGM positive still under the ratio therefore generating a FALSE POSITIVE test the doctors become confused and immediately assume I had a recent ACUTE infection which is Impossible now I've seen 5 doctors 2 General practice/ CDC/ Hepatitis.org counselors...etc state I'm immune due to natural infection or vaccination I recieved during that period however this is hard to except when YOU want to be Absolutely Sure that an infectious spread is not possible to someone else especially A FUTURE BABY. The best advice I can give YOU is to gather up ALL your test & Go see a Hepatologist for a Final Answer on your status to minimize stress and to protect the one you Love.

P.S.  I'm taking my own advice! (LOL)

Be Blessed.

sorry you are wrong he doesn t need to check again we have many viruses in our body whch are dorment hidden in the dna of cells and they cannot infect anybody but of course if you donate liters of blood some virions might end to someone else but in our normal life we never get liters of blood to persons around us

it is also useless to see doctors if he has hbsab immunity antibody there is no way the virus can go anywhere.the only smart thing is to get all family vaccinated not for protection from him but from other people or sourses like healthcare settings, denstists, hair dresser
Okay??? Soooo Stefano I am finding in my old test especially a 2010 & 2011 results that I am HBeAB positive, Hep core IGM+IGG positive, HBsAB positive, & HBsAG negative.. DO I still need futher testing as you suggested on our prior discussion w/ this new info? & Thank you for correcting my errors I am here to share & learn...
need futher testing as you suggested on our prior discussion w/ this new info?

no and i suggested those tests at research level (not normally commercially available in US) because you have too much fear, you are having more a psycological problem like you are trying to find you are ill when you are totally immune to hbv
Is it possible to be HBsAG+ and in an inactive carrier state?I am confuse about the result i just received from the doctor. I was daignosed 2 years ago of be HBsAG+ and my husband has been tested 2 times and all came back negative. What could be going on?

thanks
Nyemahyou
Is it possible to be HBsAG+ and in an inactive carrier state?

yes if hbsag is less than 500iu/ml by architect assay or roches assay, you will know it is one of these new assays because the number is in iu/ml

check here all the tests needed for hbv, all are needed
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153

be also aware the most of the doctors and specialists are ignorant on hbv and often make more damage than hbv itself
Thanks Stef2011,

I appreciate the response