Hepatitis B Community
Any relation between tinnitus and Hepatitis B?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Ever since my Hepatitis B became active, I noticed some inner ear issues. As the viral loads kept going up, I noticed I started to get tinnitus (ringing in the ears) which actually increased as my viral load increased. Has anyone experienced this? Is there any relation? According to ancient Chinese medicines, there is some relation between tinnitus and a sick liver but curious to know if anyone here has had this (and if it went away when treated!)
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, there is unlikely to be direct link between hepatitis infection and tinnitus. Check with your doctor to see if any of the medications you are using are triggering the episodes of tinnitus. Regards.