Hepatitis B Community
Back from special list visit

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Back from special list visit

Hi, I posted last week about my elevated ALT and increased HBV viral load. Strangely, I did another test my ALTwas increased from 250 to 350 and so did AST. But the viral load test on the same date decreased from 200000 to 14000 IU within a week.
The specialist let me monitor my Alt for the next 6 weeks and if it comes down to normal, be suggest a liver biopsy to see the actual damage. If minimal then just keep monitoring for the next few years. But if biopsy is not good. I will be on treatment.
Option 1 he said is peg-freon injection once a week for 1 year but the success rate is only 30 percent. Option 2 is on tenofon for life long. But considering my background, with three kids the side effect might be too much for me from injection.
He said my ALT has already on the high side ranging from 37 -45 and he said my liver is constantly being damaged even without this recent flare up. He wants to have biopsy.

Is it worthwhile to get on the year injection from the start?
you are in the same conditions with me
even my doc take in considertion my kids and the secondary efects of peg interf,for me my doc said that even with peg interf it does  nt work regarding the high value of hbsag
i think for you tonefovir is best choice,also i was Under monitoring for 4monthes monitoring,also a biopsy i recomanded in october
for me all this happen aftr delivery of baby and you?
Are you taking any medicine for elevated ALT? My mum said in China doc will give patients medicine not antiviral one just to bring down ALT. She doesn't understand why the specialist did not prescribe such med for me yesterday and instead just monitor for the following six weeks.
I also mentioned STev''s recommendation that on tenofire for a few years and then add on peg, but he said this is not proved. But he added on saying 50 percent is the benchmark for large scale clinical trial.
Before my first baby, always normal with ALT around 20s but since my delivery my ALT is around 40. Also every time I delivered a baby, it would go up a bit and eventually came down to 37 to 45. This time is really high though.
You are not on any treatment now?
Take care!
I think you should start with tenofovir because interferon has a lot of side effects. and also just 30% with interf is successful and high cost
I want to have heathy baby. Do you have expericence to share with me? because I expect to have baby but I don't want my child infected Hepatis B
Sorry if my english isn't goood.
Sorry secret garden my experience with pregnancy is different, my viral load was low around 700 iu then and I am e antigen negative. My doctor didn't treatment back then as viral load was low with normal ALT.
But I know some women are on treatment for HBV when pregant
no i am on check of my alat on 19/7 i will do viral load and all monitorings concerning hbv  to start treatment
your doc is all right he will see what will happen during comming 2monthe to see if you will take antivirals or not ,because tt should be taken only in case of fibrosis f2
dont worry ,you have just be fellowed during your pregnancy if your viral load increase they will put you Under treatement to avoid contamination during delivry
also after delivry baby should take immunoglobin against hbv during 48 hours fellowing his birth + 1st injection of vaccin ,after one month 2nd injection than at 6 th month the last one
at the age of 10month or 1 year of baby do hbs ag hbsab