Baraclude for whole life
Dear All,

1.Is it right thing that my U.S Dr. told me that I probably need to take baraclude 0.5mg for my whole life?
2.What is the meaning of my HbEAb become reactive after took Baraclude for 9 month?
3. My frind is a doctor in Taiwan said that you can stop eat Baraclude after you have HBeAB: Reactive and AST, ALT normal and Virul count not detective then eat for another 6 month. If everything is normal, then stop eating Baraclude
Is it right?

I am 32 years old and asian. I was born with HBV carrier from my Mon
My situation as follows
5/12/2008
AST: 1108 ALT:2181 DNA VIRUL COUNT: 232154 copies/ml ,HB SURFACE Ag: Reactive HBeAg: Reactive
HBeAb: Non-Reactive

start eat the baraclude 0.5mg from 5/12/08
Then every test continues drop.

2/13/09
AST:13 ALT:14 DNA VIRUL COUNT <100, HB SURFACE Ag: Reactive HBeAg: Non-Reactive, HBeAb: Reactive

In a way they are both right...if you go off Baraclude and rebound then you will probably have to stay on it for life.   However, there is a chance that you will not rebound and will be able to let the Baraclude go.

well

if you have a count of OVER 2000 copies while hbeag NEGATIVE then yes most likely Meds are taken for life unless somehow you , one day, clear it on your own with medications or no medications or maybe hopefully God with us all one day science comes up with a cure for this disease. so yes in some cases meds are taken indefintely. your case needs to match the guidance line though

second, if your hbeag is reactive then your body is starting to or has develoiped develop antibodies to the E antigen and in this case most doctors will stop medications since you seroconvered from hbeag postive to hbeag negative.

you will most likely go on monitoring every 6 month plus or minus depending on your doctor's advise

what is your hbcab by the way ?