Hepatitis B Community
Baraclude vs. Viread

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Viewing 201-220 comments:

hbvdna meanless changes
Viral load = 26000 HBV copies/ml
Viral load = 93100 HBV copies/ml

all the rest meanless as regards hbv infection status and possible clearance, if we want to clear hbv we need hbsag quant in iu/ml and then start tenofovir monitoring hbsag quant in iu/ml (hbvdna must be und) after one year und i'd consider interferon add on with possible use of off label use of simvastatin, alinia and vit d3

I would like an opinion as well.  I am in the USA and they don't have fibroscan here.  I am a 36 y.o. asian-american male, HBV positive since birth.  My lab tests come up with normal ALT/AST.  They don't do quant on HBsAg here in the states.  

2/3/2012
AST 23
ALT 28
Viral DNA 2300 IU
HBeAg - negative
HBeAb - positive
AFP - 3.0
all other liver enzymes within range.  No symptoms.

The ultrasound and MRI came back unremarkable, with normal liver size, density, etc.  Again, no fibroscan can be done here in the states.

My doctor is Robert Gish, a world renowned hepatologist.  He wants me to start Entecavir treatment, which I understand is for life.

Any thoughts?

it is useless to start entecavir since entecavir can only act on hbvdna and ast/alt, both are already normal (hbvdna very low), so i see no reasons to use antivirals since their use is only to recover liver damage without any effect on hbv

to cure hbv hbsag quant and fibroscan are essential......you can easly understand why US is not using these tests even if the rest of the world is since 2000-2004, without these tests doctors are blind and can only prescribe antivirals even when useless

anyway most cases like yours have very low hbsag which can be cleared by interferon very fast but to know if you can go directly to interferon or better start tenofovir first and then add interferon to clear we need hbsag quant

do you have any way to ship samples to india or china or move to mexico or europe where hbsag is available?FDA approved hbsag quant this year but i dont know if drug makers are so potent there to keep labs not using this stupid test

another reason to prescribe entecavir can be if you have family history of liver cancer or genotype C, or if you have bcp/precore hbv, in this case use of antivirals can reduce HCC risk

we can also think this way even if we dont know hbsag quant since the choices to cure hbv are the same:

- make sure this doctor is willing to prescribe interferon sequential treatment with interferon add on after antiviral

- if he agrees i d strt on tenofovir which is more potent than entecavir, take it for at least one year
- after one year of hbvdna undetactable interferon add on for at least 96weeks

of course without hbsag quant next year there is no way to know if you are clearing or not so you have to find a way to have this test for 2013

follow the forum to see interferon+alinia+simvastatin and how it boosts interferon hbv clearance

whatever the treatment or even off treatment always take vit d3 supplements and monitor regularly every 3 months both vitd25oh and serum calcium.the target is vit d optimum levels at 50-90ng/ml because they have antiviral, anticancer and antifibrotic effect
to reach serum levels of 50-90ng/ml 5000-10000iu vit d3 are needed, you will find the balance to keep those levels by monitoring

it is also possible that you can get hbvdn to less than 2300iu/ml by vitamin d3, simvasttin and alinia, all no sides drugs but all off label.these wont clear hbv but are safe and can be stopped anytime

also the interferon try is not a forced choice, interferon can be stopped anytime and even tenofofvir or entecavir can be stopped after interferon combo in the unprobable case hbv is not cleared
Hi stef2011,

To clarify a few things: Yes I am Genotype C and I do have a higher risk for HCC because I had an AFP-L3% test that came back rather high, which indicates my chances of getting HCC are increased.  My MRI and ultrasound came back negative, so maybe I should start Entecavir now to reduce my risk of HCC.  Also, in 2015 Baraclude (Entecavir) will no longer hold a US patent, meaning generics can be made and sold here.

I live 30 minutes away from the Mexico (Tijuana) border.  Maybe someone knows of a good clinic down there where I can have HBsAg tested?

What is the benefit of starting Tenofovir before Interferon, especially since I am HBeAg negative and HBeAb positive?  I read that Entecavir is a better choice for HBeAg negative carriers.

Also, for people who clear the HBsAg and become negative, does that mean they are cured and the HBV is gone from the body, or does it just mean that it is no longer replicating?  Will us chronic carriers always have minimal HBV in our system?

I have an appointment to see Dr. Gish on Tuesday, so I will mention all of your great advice stef2011.  He probably has some insight because he has worked in different countries to combat HBV, and has been recognized in Vietnam for all the work he did.  Hopefully he will be open to the suggestions and not just do what is best for the US drugmakers.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/Add--on-of-peg-interferon-to-a-stable-nucleoside--hbsag-loss-40/show/1616137

in italy this is already routine and we are getting treated this way, some who started 2011 already cleared hbv.
interferon doesn t clear hbv in all patients because hbv is able to suppress interferon too (not only our immune system), tenofovir and entecavir are able to reverse this pretty fast, in the abstract 3 years, but i believe that also shorter periods can rescue our immune system and gain interferon response.we also have off label vit d3, alinia and simvastatin to boost interferon response

i prefer tenofovir because more potent, cheaper, closer to lose patent and zero resistance risk

i dont know where but you just need to look for abbott architect machine and then for quantification.i guess the machines are in US too because older machines can t detect hbsag mutants and give false negatives but the machines are not being used to quantify hbsag.the cost is the same as for hbsag qualitative

I read that Entecavir is a better choice for HBeAg negative carriers.

this is wrong tenofovir is more potent over all antivirals and over all immune staus, entecavir is just more expensive

in easy words hbsag negative means hbv is gone and can t replicate, hbsab antibody will then increase and protect liver from reinfection

Will us chronic carriers always have minimal HBV in our system?

cronic (chronic) or acute when we clear that's the same.there are rare cases of occult hbv due to hbsag mutations but this can happen both in cronic (chronic) or acute, but on therapy hbsag mutants risk is higher with weaker drugs or with interferon monotherapy

yes just propose sequential treatment with etv or tdf and then interferon just like they are doing in italy and france to many many patients, i can tell you for sure it is becoming routine in italy

ask him also where to have hbsag in US since FDA just approved it
My one concern with treatment is that I am worried it may cause me more long term problems than it will solve. For one, I will no longer be considered "naive" to treatment, and future treatments options may not work if I've already started this therapy.

Also, since I am HBeAb positive and HBeAg negative with somewhat low viral load, isn't that considered the normal endpoint for treatment anyways?  

And, Entecavir can cause lactic acidosis, liver damage, and even HCC.  Some of these side effects seem pretty bad.  

Finally, I am worried that if I start antivirals, the medication will "wake up" my somewhat dormant, low viral load HBV and cause it to try to start replicating more, possibly causing weird mutations that are untreatable.

What are your thoughts stef2011?

complitely wrong, both tenofovir and interferon have zero resistance, you can stop them if used combo as many times as you like with no difference.note that non response to sequential interferon+nucs was 10% and it was a patient using lam+adv two ridiculous drugs which failed for hiv and used on hbv just to make some money and of course failed on hbv too

after this combo the chances are that you will end up with clearance or such low hbsag which will clear off therapy itself

yes for what your liver specialist proposed, antivirals for life..... but what i am posting here is to clear hbv or to keep it complitely inactive off therapy plus even if you fail it makes no difference from the situation you have now

only lactic acidosis, not the rest...and only in end stage cirrhosis (end stage cirrhosis mean slow dying people)

no this will happen if you dont use drugs almost for sure, hbv makes new mutants all the time until it breaks the little immune control you have now.on tenofovir and interferon hbv will have very little to do

i suggest you read more posts you have very little knowledge of hbv, you need to know much more you can just make blind choices and doctors are not so reliable.check here:
http://www.medhelp.org/tags/health_page/3466/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page?hp_id=34

http://www.medhelp.org/tags/health_page/3466/Hepatitis/the-general-book-of-ignorance-about-hepatitis-B?hp_id=1152
stef2011,

that is funny, your second link to the General Book of Ignorance was done by the doctor that I am going back to see on Tuesday.  I have a mixed message, should I trust him, or should I try to figure out on my own?

you can trust him, just tell him if he agrees to sequential combo treatment entecavir+interferon or tenofovir+interferon, interferon add on will be in 1-2 years so plently of time before that
Do you have a link to the source for FDA approval of HBsAg Quant?  

I posted the info below to the HBV mail-list, for anyone to read:

Hello all,

I just got back from my visit with Dr. Gish.  I am going to start taking Viread (Tenofovir) today in order to reduce my risk for HCC. I am HBsAg negative and HBsAb positive, so I thought I was supposed to take Baraclude (Entecavir), but Dr. Gish recommended Tenofovir because it has 0% resistance, is going off patent in 2014, and has little (if any) side-effects.  He said we just had to monitor my kidneys as 1% of patients who take this drug have kidney issues.  I asked him about bone loss, and he said there is a very low probability of that, and to counteract any bone loss, start taking vitamin D3, which I already take.  

I also asked him about the new study on statins reducing HCC risk, and he said that was indeed possible, especially if you have an elevated triglyceride level.  But he said it would also reduce cancers in other areas as well.  He referred to the same study that I saw on this mail list from a few days ago.

I asked him about the HBsAg Quant test being available in the USA, and he said he's been pushing for that for years (along with the Fibroscan).  He said that info is very useful, and the USA is so far behind the curve when it comes to HBV treatment.  Dr. Gish told me that I may be included in one of his upcoming studies that he is going to be doing with some sort of company (drug company?), and in return for giving some blood, he will be able to get me my HBsAg Quant information from that company, which will be very useful for him.

He also let me know about a clinical trial that may be coming up with Gilead.  He said they are developing a drug for people who are on Tenofovir or Entecavir, which they can take that will enable them to stop having to take these drugs for life.  It sounded like the new drug would have to be taken very short term and then it could be stopped.  Not much info on this yet, but maybe someone else has heard of this trial?

Finally, I asked him about the therapy they are doing in most of Europe where people take Tenofovir for 48 weeks, then they include a Peg-Interferon (info from stef2011), with approximately 40% of patients clearing the surface anitgen.  He said that therapy did work pretty well, and a lot of people cleared the virus for good.  However, he told me to keep in mind, that regimen and the reports examined Caucasians who were chronically infected later in life, so the results may not translate to Asians who were infected from birth.

All-in-all, a very informative visit, with a lot of new information and new possibilities in the pipeline.

Matt
** correction **
I am HBsAg + and HBsAb-, HBeAg -, and HBeAb +, which was the driving decision to treat.
new drug from Gileard will be use like the exit point for Tnf Ent or ?  ... I don't quite understand what is the porous of this new drug
From what Dr. Gish told me, it seems like Gilead is developing a new drug that would be the endpoint of therapy.  You would take this new drug, replacing Tenofovir or Entecavir (I think), but you wouldn't have to take it for the rest of your life, you'd be able to eventually quit taking all the antiviral medications.
that means that Gilead is targeting s seroconversion with this new drug ?

I don't quite understand he relation of this new drug and Tnf and Ent.

it is the drug presented latelt and used on monkeys for now, it is a trl7 activator and lowers hbsag, maybe dr gish has more info than that presented at conferences.
it is indeed more potent than interferon and if possible i d jump in that study immediately keeping in mind about safety data since we only had results on monkeys which are wuite close to us but not exactly us.on them hbsag just lowered and not cleared but the study was very short and used mono, so this maybe be hbv cure, i do think gilead was scared of rep9ac and myracludex and so they got out the drawer old stuff plus their patent is about to go....in the end they can make much more money with this trl7 activator than from unpatented tenoffovir because they will get anybody hbv positive to use this new drug while most hbvers dont use tenofofvir
If it is GS 9620, then they have some safety data in humans.

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/2011_conference/easl2011/docs/0412_2010_d.html

' GS-9620 in Humans

Finally, U. Lopatin and colleagues tested the safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of GS-9620 in human volunteers without viral hepatitis.

This double-blind placebo-controlled study included 75 healthy volunteers. A majority were men and white, and the average age was about 30 years. Participants received single ascending doses of 0.3, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 12 mg GS-9620; 7 cohorts took the drug on an empty stomach and 3 cohorts took it with food.

GS-9620 was generally safe and well tolerated with single doses through 12 mg. The most common adverse events were headaches, chills, and fever. There were no serious adverse events or discontinuations due to adverse events or laboratory abnormalities. A total of 49 treatment-emergent events in 15 people were judged to be drug-related. The number of adverse events increased with higher doses, from 1 per cohort with 2, 4, or 6 mg, to 11 with 8 mg and 31 with 12 mg. Some participants experienced mild platelet decreases, but these changes were "not notable enough to be considered adverse events," according to the researchers.

GS-9620 treatment led to dose-dependent increases in various cytokines, chemokines, and interferon-stimulated genes. Systemic interferon changes were only seen with the 12mg dose. Volunteers receiving the 8 mg and 12 mg doses experienced increases in percentages of activated T-cells, B-cells, and NK cells.

"GS-9620 is a potent, oral small molecule agonist of TLR7, which was safe and well tolerated in single ascending doses up to 12 mg [by mouth," the investigators concluded.

"These findings confirm the preclinical data suggesting that GS-9620 induces multiple cytokines (including Interferon) pre-systemically, with the potential for decreased adverse events compared to systemic pegylated interferon," they continued. "GS-9620 is a promising, oral immunomodulatory agent with potency in the low milligram range and a therapeutic window which supports further evaluation in the therapy of viral hepatitis B and C."'
If you are an inactive carrier, will taking Tenofovir or Entecavir possibly cause spontaneous reactivation of the virus?

no but if hbvdna is undetactable they are not useful, you have already reached etv or tdf goal by your immune system
I am going to start taking Simvastasin in addition to my new TDF treatment regimen.  Would you consider taking 20mg, 40mg or 80mg Sim?  I've read that it is synergistic with TDF to weaken HBV, but it also has the benefit of decreasing HCC chances by up to 50%

40mg is the min dose to boost antivirals but i started with 20mg and then increased to 40mg

80mg is of coruse the most potent but i had muscles pains so i kept 40mg taken at dinner (sim at night has better absortion)
@ Stef: Would you suggest stopping Viread and continuing INF mono,  or wld you recommend still keeping the TDF on.
I have been on Viread for 1 year now and was already UND at start. Want to start INF now.

absolutely combo, do not stop viread and use intf mono, intf mono has very low response while combo the response is very high

intf mono clears hbsag in about 8% in 1year which increases to 30% and more in 5-10years on part of responders

intf+viread especially if und on viread from long time has a 40% clearance at 1 year which may go to 90% at 2 years and close to 100% in 5-10 years.we have results of the trials at 72 weeks maybe we will see the other results at easl 2012 in april
Many Thanks Stef.
After Close to 4Months of Viread.
results,
Dec ALT 500s, ast 200s,
Jan ALT 400s  AST 100s

February 22nd 2012

AST 38  ALT 96 , HBV VIRAL Load PCR (ROCHE)  7220  IU/ML

March:  26th 2012  
AST 47,  ALT 109   HBV VIRAL Load Pending

Doctor is also worried about that my ALT and AST is bumping back from feb to march.
is this consider resitance  Viread?  
I also had Omeprozole due to stomach for a period of 2-3 weeks.
right now i am kind of worried my liver have resistance to viread.  

no ast and alt must remain high while hbvdna and hbsag decrease, that s your immune system clearing infected cells.unfortunately antivirals make ast/alt normal keeping you infected and clearing no virus....have a look to trl7 thread,maybe we got how to clear hbv
Where can i see the trl7 thread, pls advise
Hi, stef2011 and others

I am asian female, 34.  just found this thread today and read through all the comments above.

I would appreciate it if you could provide me with some opinions

as stef2011 suggested, i re-checked my recent test result (as of feb 2012) to see HBsAG and HBV DNA and the numbers are as follows:

1. HBsAG : 6051 COI, which is converted to 614.7 IU/mL

2. HBV DNA : 42,700,000 IU/mL

3. other information
   a. HBV nonvertically transmitted later in life
   b. my genotype is c
   c. e-antigen positive, e-antibody negative.
   d. have not used any type of treatments before, but have been recently  
       considering to take either peg interferon monotherapy first--which is
       what my doctor is suggeting because of a chance of "s" sero
       conversion despite the fact that it is only some 3% to 11%--or just
       either of tenofovir or baraclude (tenofovir will be officially introduced to
       my country, South Korea, probably begining in july or august)  

Do I have a shot at clearing hbv if I do a sequential therapy with tdf+interferon since my HBsAG level of 614.7 iu/ml is less than 1500iu/ml?

also, if the sequential therapy with tenofovir + peg-interferon add on fits me, I am considering to take the following steps as well as suggested by you

1. 1-3 years of tdf until hbvdna gets totally undetactable, right???

2. 2 years of interferon add on (but isn't interferon usually taken for 1 year?)

3. take simvastatin and vitamin d3, alinia, to boost interferon response

also, you mentioned (a) a guy who just tried interferon+sim(what is sim by the way??) and is clearing hbv at 12 weeks already and (b) the therapy they are doing in most of Europe where people take Tenofovir for 48 weeks, then they include a Peg-Interferon.  

Is there some research papers I can read about the above?  It would be very helpful for me.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sleepless in Seoul

there are two human trials on hbv cures, gs9620 and myracludex starting shortly, so i d not rush in to treatment now

both benefit byhaving hbvdna und so you may start tdf and then see if intf or myracludex or gs9620 can be better add ons

intf is not 1year therapy anymore it is personalized accroding to hbsag response.hbv clearance rises in responders at 2 years or more
thanks so much for your prompt reply

i will discuss with my doctor about doing the sequential combo of tenofovir + peg interferon as opposed to peg interferon monotherapy which he suggests. but in doing so it would be nice if i have some data to back up my decision in order to persuade my doc ...is there some research papers that show results of combo of tenofovir + interferon vs. interferon monotherapy???

also, i did start tracking down gs9620 cause you mentioned it before and know that they started doing human trials.. but did not know about myracludex, i will also start digging info on this as well.. thanks^^

by the way, if i would add interferon after starting tdf, when should i add it?
(i.e. 1 year after tdf??)

also, what is the dose of tdf and interferon after adding on of interferon? how do others do it?  i mean tdf is a daily does so one would take it everyday anyways, but does one also take it as well on the day he or she injects interferon on a weekly basis? (i.e. if one takes interferon every sunday per say, does he or she take interferon on sunday mornings and still take the same dose of tdf after dinner or someting??)

as i mentioned we do not have much data on this since we have not adopted tdf into our country at an official level -_-;;

thanks for your help in advance..

sleepless in seoul  

Start by typing 'add-on interferon' and search in this community and you'll find a lot of posts and references about add-on interferon to existing antiviral therapy.

Do the same with 'myrcludex'.

If this should be the case, how long it will be marketed if trials are successful? I read one of the post that it could be in 5 to 7 years?
Stef2011 uses "sim" to mean simvastatin. Please remember Mycrludex and GS9620 are only in very early stages of clinical trials. Interferon is optimal for female, Genotype A (better than B, B is better than C), viral load not too high and ALT levels elevated.

I am surprised to learn that Tenofovir is not yet approved in Korea. I presume Entecavir is. So what are the other frontline treatments in Korea? Also have you heard anything about the status of LB80380 (ANA380), a drug in clinical trials from LG Life Science?

BTW, I don't think you need to be sleepless as HBV is more benign for female and you were not infected as a baby.
Yes, Entecavir has been the most popular treatment for hvb in Korea for past several yrs and we are about to approve tdf by this fall.

As for LB80380, I have not heard anything about it until i read your comment above and i will look into this as well.

Calmama,

thanks for your help.

To those who have used the combination of tdf and interferon add-on, i d really appreciate it if you could share some of your experiences.

also, any sort of medical research papers on this would be of great help to me as well.

rgds,
femaleinseoul

well i think that even simple failure of both antivirals monotherapy or interferon monotherapy is more than enough to go for the sequntial combos, all studies all linked in the community

antivirals hbv clearance on hbeag negative almost 0%
interferon hbv clearance monotherapy hbeag pos and hbe negative around 7% per year (which rises to 30% off therapy on responders only)

dont remember percentages now browse the study posted, it was 90% responders with very low hbsag after 72weeks and about 50% hbv clearance at 48weeks, 10% non response

i think that such a failure of response from 0 to 7% makes combo a must, i dont see apoint in treating with such a low response, if you also add that 3% clear hbv with no drugs per year the 7% result is almost non existant
At the link below, you will find a collection of slides presented during various sessions at this conference. Many of the sessions were about combined oral antivirals + Interferon.

http://www.lorenti.ch/apph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118&Itemid=132

superiority of sequential combo is very old thing, these are the results of the first trials with the weakest antivirals like lam and adv not used anymore today, even adv combo was superior to mono since 2007

drug makers have tried to push doctors not using the drugs or combos with best results, this happened with tenofovir known as most potent antiviral but not approved until 2008 and approved because resistance rates were so high to force off label use of tdf

same thing happned with nucs+intf

2007 intf+adv
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRTzVKeG9OdGZvQTg
Hello:

I am having HepB virus for more than 20 years, probably born with it.
My recent lab
AST is 30
ALT 55
HBV DNA >3,500,000,000 copies
Ultrasiund normal
I am in USA and my Doctor suggested Baraclude.

I am afraid of the side effects of taking baraclude but doctor said that it reduces the chance of cirrhosis or cancer. Without treatment, my chance of die from HepB is 20 times higher.

I am now very struggling at whether to take it. It seems to me it is one-way road, I need to take it foreever.

Please advise. Should I take it or wait more?
Which medical facility does Dr Gish work? The doctor that I seem at K****r does not even known about tfv. I had to ask her to put me on tfv treatment. I would like to seem Dr Gish about HBV. Or does anyone known any good Dr. in California, US?

My current HBV status:
ALT 81
Viral DNA > 2 million/ml
Had HBV since birth.

I don't know if I am HBeAg+/- because K****r does not test for it.
Gish is at University of California San Diego.  California is a big state.  San Diego may or may not be far from you.  Here is a link that may be useful:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Who-is-your-good-doctor-/show/1715783

It's a thread from hep C forum, but some of the doctors there might also be good at managing hep B.  Good luck.
You need to go on treatment immediately - your  VL is very high.

I take baraclude for six years. Yes first month taking it i head terrible migraines. I was not able to sleep too. But it has gotten better.

If you start taking it you start by taking half the pill to get your body to adjust.

Baraclude crashes viral load really fast. Faster then tenofovir but tdf is reported has stronger activity on the surface antigen itself.

It all depends on the shape of your liver is in. Do a CT or an MRi scan to see what's up .

If there is no advanced fibrosis or  cirrhosis you can do interferon after nucs or add to them.

Combination therapy in America no one does  drug and insurance companies tell doctors what to do and how to treat. Drug companies dont want cures insurance companies looking to save cost. And doctors go along with them not to loose their job. So we are kinda screwed being sick and living here.

thank god for these forums and people like Stef that we can have all the info at least.  
KAISER is mafia. Leave that insurance if you want to live. Those doctors are on a such short leash that they dont do any tests they are not required by law.  
Doctor Gish is a very smart man. I have talked to him. It is that he too has to work within this health system that is for profit only.

1) Those of us that live here we need to demand from Gelead Gs9620 being given to all that are willing  and we sign all the special wavers and we report results here on the forum. And discuss.

2) Scantibodies in San Diego - please give us hepb surface antigen test without taking a huge donation of plasma every time. Some of us are too sick to donate this much and drive back. If we have to we will pay you for it.
.
3) GcMaf - somebody please share how to make it with the community. Those doctors that are willing to monitor.patients on the injectible form  of gcmaf please respond.here.

4) doctors and clinics in the US that are open doing pegasys + antiviral please respond. We like to hear from you.

I see this as a serious plan to fight hbv. And dont by into this people that the US is behind on knowledge about viruses. The best scientists have being bought and work here. It is just the drug and insurance companies have turned it into industry by lobbying laws to make this crap legal.

Over in San Diego they have one of the best antiviral centers in the country. Scripps clinic is also near by. And they want us to convince that they don.t know or they are somewhat behind on hbv research. When the same group of folks is working on Hiv vaccines and hepB experimental drugs that we here are about to go into human trials.

So the bottom line guys we need to be active and challenge this system that is being set up that is blocking cures and hides more effective treatments from people. They know and knew that the antivirals from HIV alone want help us. That interferon is better especially for younger people. Yet in the US they continue to give everybody just the nucs. And completely ignore data from the combo  interferon treatment.

Getting a prescription for Alinia for Hbv is impossible in the US. And getting an insurance company to pay for it even more so. And it is safer and less toxic then the Nucs. You think Dr.Gish is not aware of this?  :)

Which really begs the question. With all this that we know  that works. Why aren't they are using it?

how can this can be called a research when all they are doing is corporate sponsored product testing? Research is about using all the tools available and knowledge to come up with a cure or an  efective  
Cure or treatment.
But so long as we are going to be the sheeple guys we will continue to have more of the same. They will release something only when the patents of these nucs will expire. And since US drug companies dominate the market we wii be waiting for cures or better treatments that can be used today for some while at the expense of some bodies life .
2017-2018 is when I predict Gilead will release GS9620
that is just to late my friend.  We all have to write to Gilead and ask them to expand clinical trial criteria. I don't understand these weird trials of medicine of something they already use in cancer treatments. And as cream against HPV.

If in Russia Myrcludex B does well, in 2013 they will do massive treatment/trials. This will force Gilead to hurry up.

Frustrating all this is... very frustrating.

Viewing 201-220 comments: