Blood Center Stress!!!!
I gave blood about two weeks ago at work I'm a nurse and have been for five years. And I given blood many times before. i got a letter in the mail from the blood center saying that i tested postive of Hep B core total antibody and neg for the surface antigen. i've been vaccined as a child then again at the age  of 20 my test was neg. and at the age of 24 before i started my job which was neg for Hep B. Could it be because i got a tatoo last year? i thought it was over a year but it hasn't.
Could it be because i got a tatoo last year?

if you didn t check tht all the equipment is used only one time for you and then trashed that might be the source
but also densists and poor healthcare settings are

according to the conutry i think you can sue them, of course you cleared hbv but you won t be able to donate blood/organs because the virus can stay for decades hidden and it is not possible to detect this by any test
anyway i guess vaccine might allow full eradication in a short time

also remember to menthion this in case of immune suppressing drugs like steroids, chemio, reumatitis drugs becuase lowering immune system hbv can reactivate in a deadly form without taking antivirals while immune system is suppressed