CHANCES!
i visted a barber shop...he changed razors...
but he dint look healthy themselves( i noticed he had a skin infection on his neck himself) and the instruments werent sterlized...
can you explain in detail about the risk of hepatitis b in a barber shop?
and the risk in the particular situation?
Sharing razor is a well known health risk as invisible traces of blood may remain on the blade after usage.
but he changed razors..what is the risk now?
Did he change to a new unused razor?
yes he did!
Then why worry?
i got a little cut thats why..and the barber dint look healthy...he had some skin infection on his neck!
so?
So you think the 'germs" he is carrying jump into your wound, or into your month when you talk to him?
No..
i m just worried..what if it had hepatitis virus on it.
th question is can the virus pass through a single cut extremely small if present on the blade?
We are going around in a circle. So how do you think the hepatitis B viruses get on to a new unused razor?

Have you heard of transmission through a needle jab? A virus is extremely small, but by the same token, the chances of infection by one single virus would be very small too.
ohk..to cut it short and to end it...
i want to know  what are the chances of getting hepatitis b at a barber shop...
is there any risk at all or just something like getting hit by a lightning!
No chance.

By the way, I hope we all know that a vaccine is basically a virus in small doses. When we get vaccinated, our body is fed with small amount of the virus and our immune system is given the chance to kill that virus and we get immunity from that process. Next time we get exposed to the same virus, our immune system recognised it and kills it.

Hence, trust your immune system. Even if there is Hep B virus in the razor, your immune system should killed it, even if you are not yet vaccinated against the Hep B virus.
The vaccine consists of HBsAg only, not the whole virus, so it will never cause infection.
As I said in my first reply, sharing a razor carries high risk of transmitting disease. So a blade must be used only once and discarded after use, just like an injection needle.
the main question...is it true that the body clear hep b virus in most cases like 95 they say??
the main question...is it true that the body clear hep b virus in most cases like 95% they say??
is it the same for hep c virus?
i just saw a study on this, the first one....it was in asia, the chronic cases among adults were 2.8%........

i see so many studies it is hard for me to look for it now and link it but trust me it was 2.8% only and they even divided this among genotypes, to my surprise genotype B and C had very low percentage inside this 2.8% most were genotype A while genotype D was not present among the study

also the number of patients they found was very high since it is very difficult to pick up adults with hbv, most of them pass it unaware since it has no sides
I think it was a Japanese study. It found, as you say in a small cohort of patients, that Genotype A leads most to chronic hepatitis.This makes me think maybe Genotype is prevalent in the West because in adult infection, it is the easiest type to become chronic. Hence Genotype A is most easily treated, not because of its special genotypic features, but because those with genotype A are mostly infected as adult.

Just a thought.